Old White Truck - Hot Rod?

Thought I would share these pictures of an old White truck turned into a hot rod. Very strange!

I have no idea about the specs on the truck, it is for sale in Peoria, IL and my father in law just took a few photos.

Seeing the 4 stacks, I am not thinking this was just for show... there is probably some go here as well.

post-6171-094853400 1276175399_thumb.jpg

post-6171-066933800 1276175407_thumb.jpg

post-6171-031037000 1276175414_thumb.jpg

I believe you may have stumbled onto a piece of history here! if this is the same truck,it was built as a instructor/student project at ENGINE CITY TECH. which was a vocational/technical school in northern NJ. It was built with the pupose of exibition runs on a drag strip,to prove a diesel engine could be "hot rodded" i saw the truck myself many times at old bridge (englishtown) raceway park. If memory serves,this truck was powered by a supercharged VT-903 cummins engine,allison automatic trans.,could turn the quarter mile in 11.70 seconds at 117 mph. The truck was known as "shake rattle and roll". I am going to see if i can find the pictures i took of it in action back in the 1980's to show how it originally appeared. If BULLHUSK reads this, he may remember the truck as well,and may be able to shed some more light on the subject,but i'd bet my bottom dollar this is the same truck!...............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I believe you may have stumbled onto a piece of history here! if this is the same truck,it was built as a instructor/student project at ENGINE CITY TECH. which was a vocational/technical school in northern NJ. It was built with the pupose of exibition runs on a drag strip,to prove a diesel engine could be "hot rodded" i saw the truck myself many times at old bridge (englishtown) raceway park. If memory serves,this truck was powered by a supercharged VT-903 cummins engine,allison automatic trans.,could turn the quarter mile in 11.70 seconds at 117 mph. The truck was known as "shake rattle and roll". I am going to see if i can find the pictures i took of it in action back in the 1980's to show how it originally appeared. If BULLHUSK reads this, he may remember the truck as well,and may be able to shed some more light on the subject,but i'd bet my bottom dollar this is the same truck!...............Mark

It's about 20 miles from me and I've taken photos of it. It currently has a big block Chevy with a tunnel ram on it. It belongs to "Dave's Garage" in Peoria, IL and he wants $12,000 for it.

That is probably why it has been for sale for over two years I know of.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It's about 20 miles from me and I've taken photos of it. It currently has a big block Chevy with a tunnel ram on it. It belongs to "Dave's Garage" in Peoria, IL and he wants $12,000 for it.

That is probably why it has been for sale for over two years I know of.

Rob

12K???? no wonder its been for sale 2 years! but i'm 80% sure this is the truck i remember,overdrive magazine used to sponsor the "diesel truck nationals" at englishtown back in the 80's,saw it there quite a few times,why they chose a 9000 white is beyond me,but i did look up engine city tech.,and they are still in existance,just renamed lincoln engine city tech. .................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

12K???? no wonder its been for sale 2 years! but i'm 80% sure this is the truck i remember,overdrive magazine used to sponsor the "diesel truck nationals" at englishtown back in the 80's,saw it there quite a few times,why they chose a 9000 white is beyond me,but i did look up engine city tech.,and they are still in existance,just renamed lincoln engine city tech. .................Mark

That's a deal!! The price has dropped $500.00 since I first laughed at the guy about it!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.