Adding A Dual Line To My Wet Kit

My truck (96 CH613) has a single wet line that I have never used. The previous owner used for a dump trailer. I would like to add a dual line to operate a detach trailer. I also want to keep my pony motor, so I'm thinking I will need a diverter valve to keep the pony. Anyone have any input on what it would take to do this? Thanks

The 2 line system is a loop. With the pony motor, there is a low pressure suction from a hydraulic reservoir to the pony pump and then a high pressure from the pump to the system. You need a T on both the low and high pressure lines. Easiest place should be near the pony pump. Put 90 degree shut offs on both inputs to the T, allowing you to choose from the trailer reservoir and pony pump or the tractor reservoir and pump. For the tractor, you'll just need to run a return line to your tractor reservoir. A single line wet kit feeds relief pressure back through the single line at the pump. After you add your return line on the tractor, putting the PTO on and the valve in the "raise" position, you'll have continuous high pressure flow to the trailer system.

The 2 line system is a loop. With the pony motor, there is a low pressure suction from a hydraulic reservoir to the pony pump and then a high pressure from the pump to the system. You need a T on both the low and high pressure lines. Easiest place should be near the pony pump. Put 90 degree shut offs on both inputs to the T, allowing you to choose from the trailer reservoir and pony pump or the tractor reservoir and pump. For the tractor, you'll just need to run a return line to your tractor reservoir. A single line wet kit feeds relief pressure back through the single line at the pump. After you add your return line on the tractor, putting the PTO on and the valve in the "raise" position, you'll have continuous high pressure flow to the trailer system.

Thanks a bunch!. I forgot to mention that my trailer has two quick disconnects that the pony is plugged into. Could this take the place of the T's?

post-5458-040461600 1275867343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deere Mack

Is there a general rule of thumb for slack to allow on the hydraulic lines coming from the truck?

More is better than less, depending on how you have all your air lines set up and what not... Here's a picture of mine, but with a dump trailer. You should be able to see how it is and there's more than enough slack.

post-1977-005362500 1276052091_thumb.jpg

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

More is better than less, depending on how you have all your air lines set up and what not... Here's a picture of mine, but with a dump trailer. You should be able to see how it is and there's more than enough slack.

I appreciate it. Once I got my thoughts together, I realized it shouldn't be to bad. I just got to figure out what I need to add the two lines to the pump itself. Looks like I'm rained out tomorrow so I'm gona take a closer look.