94 Ch613 Engine Dies No Code

I have a 94 ch613. After about 20 minutes of running it will die. Does not matter what your doing. Idling, going down the road it will just die. Sometimes it will restart right a way other times I have to bump the starter 4 or 5 times. Kinda like sending a power surge and then it will start. So after spending 3000 at mack the have replaced power relay, and the FIC. It was giving a 6-2 code now nothing but doing samething.

I hate changing parts but it come to a point when ya got too!Heres another one to change there is a ground falt breaker on older units its the square thing up by the starter relay on the fire wall try jumping that out and see if your problem changes!If it does replace it!

I hate changing parts but it come to a point when ya got too!Heres another one to change there is a ground falt breaker on older units its the small rectangle thing up by the starter relay on the fire wall black wires go to it ,try jumping that out and see if your problem changes!If it does replace it!

I have a 94 ch613. After about 20 minutes of running it will die. Does not matter what your doing. Idling, going down the road it will just die. Sometimes it will restart right a way other times I have to bump the starter 4 or 5 times. Kinda like sending a power surge and then it will start. So after spending 3000 at mack the have replaced power relay, and the FIC. It was giving a 6-2 code now nothing but doing samething.

Fisrt thing I was gonna say was replace the power relay in front of the fuse panel but that has already been done. With the engine running wiggle the big round gray plug at the fuel pump and see if engine dies, reves up or almost dies. Could be RH engine wiring harness or injection pump.

Fisrt thing I was gonna say was replace the power relay in front of the fuse panel but that has already been done. With the engine running wiggle the big round gray plug at the fuel pump and see if engine dies, reves up or almost dies. Could be RH engine wiring harness or injection pump.

I took that plug out and hard wired it just to make sure. Havent tried the square boe yet. will give it a try.

thanx

I hard wired the plug at the injection pump. Truck will not run now. Did get 6-2 and a 6-3 spent all night with a multimeter everything seemed to be fine. I will try the square box jumper. Let you all know how it is going. BTW i put the new v mac module in and it ran for about 20 minutes died and wont restart.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a guy look at truck. He said fuel injection pump. So had it rebuilt said it fried my old and new computers. So, getting a fic from a junkyard before taking my new computers back to test new pump. So, it will start and run for about 20 minutes then die. After much trouble shooting I came across a low voltage to pin A center pin on injection pump when it dies. It will have approx. 2.5 volts when it will start but if you check it after it dies it only has .8 volts. If you wait and keeping checking when it goes back up to 2.5 volts it will start. So those volts come directly from fic. Hopefully once i replace fic problem solved. But what if it doesnt. thanxs

Had a guy look at truck. He said fuel injection pump. So had it rebuilt said it fried my old and new computers. So, getting a fic from a junkyard before taking my new computers back to test new pump. So, it will start and run for about 20 minutes then die. After much trouble shooting I came across a low voltage to pin A center pin on injection pump when it dies. It will have approx. 2.5 volts when it will start but if you check it after it dies it only has .8 volts. If you wait and keeping checking when it goes back up to 2.5 volts it will start. So those volts come directly from fic. Hopefully once i replace fic problem solved. But what if it doesnt. thanxs

Just replaced a FIC module on a truck just like yours. This one quit running and never would start back. The FIC would not supply 12v to the injection pump. We have several test ECM's here to use so it kinda makes it easier to locate the problem. Glad you have about got it figured out!

Just replaced a FIC module on a truck just like yours. This one quit running and never would start back. The FIC would not supply 12v to the injection pump. We have several test ECM's here to use so it kinda makes it easier to locate the problem. Glad you have about got it figured out!

What is a 'FIC'...?

And...I wish my pockets were deep enough to up and rebuild the injection pump as a step of my troubleshooting process...dang.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

What is a 'FIC'...?

And...I wish my pockets were deep enough to up and rebuild the injection pump as a step of my troubleshooting process...dang.

It's the fuel Injection control (Bosch) module.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"