A Good Mack Service/sales Dealer

Just wondered if anyone has a favorite mack service/sales dealer (or independant shop) I have several, but my best experiences have been with utica mack (marcy,NY) they have always gone above and beyond to accomodate my needs, they have always treated me fairly, cost effective, and actually listen to what you have to say. Once, when i was in for a warrnty issue after hours, one of their mechanics let me use his personal vehicle to go get something to eat, and register at motel (which they paid for) because they were etremely busy and were'nt able to get me in right away....you here so many stories about bad shops, i thought for once i'd give an "attaboy" to one of the good ones still left. mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

At my local dealer, I give props to the one parts guy at N. IL Mack. The rest you can have. Maybe I look at it from the wrong angle, but it seems as though dealers anymore will bend over backwards for fleets and what not, but the one man band like myself gets kicked to the side. With that, I've learned to do as much work as I can by myself, my dad has been a good mentor and a lot of help as well. There are several good independant shops in the area but they have higher labor rates than Mack does. I think when it comes time to replace my truck, I'd only buy privately.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Mack near here is 80.00 hr. My local shop up the road is 85.00hr. Mack was nice to me but said they are back up 2 weeks by im guessing fleet trucks. If I had the time to wait id go with Mack but the local shop was real nice also , and can do it in a day or two. -

At my local dealer, I give props to the one parts guy at N. IL Mack. The rest you can have. Maybe I look at it from the wrong angle, but it seems as though dealers anymore will bend over backwards for fleets and what not, but the one man band like myself gets kicked to the side. With that, I've learned to do as much work as I can by myself, my dad has been a good mentor and a lot of help as well. There are several good independant shops in the area but they have higher labor rates than Mack does. I think when it comes time to replace my truck, I'd only buy privately.

Yeah i sure know about the fleet over littleguy mentality, seems like if you don't have 50 or a 100 trucks they have no time for you.Before i moved from NJ to VA i had bought my last 4 new trucks from the same dealer that my family had used for probably 50 years or more, the dealership sold out, became a service dealer for a waste management inc. terminal, became garbage truck central,i was told a few times it would be a "few weeks" before they could get me in for somthing as simple as a PM, which i thought was bullshit! but its all about money now. I'm always going to use macks, but the dealer network leaves a lot to be desired these days. There are only a handfull of dealers in the entire country i would trust with my truck, there are a lot more bad than good ones left and thats bad for us owner-operators, im like you, do most of my work myself, my grandfather was a master mechanic, we did most everything in-house, now that i look back, i'm really glad i paid attention....mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 1 month later...

Just my two cents, Nextrans in Birmingham Al.and kentuckyanna Mack are both good shops. I had to have a cam replaced in my vision the first year I had it and they got me squared away. How ever the harmonic balancer came off a week later...now the good news it of coarse had the Mack warranty and Nextrans paid for the tow and all the work. Kentuckyanna Mack performed the work had me in and out in about 4 hours. No matter the shop always look for loose or missing bolts. World wide in chattanooga does ok just ssslllooooowwww.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS