1997 E7 454

ch613

I have a 1997 ch613 with an E7 454 that has developed a hiccup. It acts as if it stops running for just a fraction of a second and then continues to run, it does this with cruise on or off while cruising at road speed. Sometimes this creates a pretty good jerk and other times this happens much smoother, this can happen several times a day or just once or twice. Any ideas??

I have a 1997 ch613 with an E7 454 that has developed a hiccup. It acts as if it stops running for just a fraction of a second and then continues to run, it does this with cruise on or off while cruising at road speed. Sometimes this creates a pretty good jerk and other times this happens much smoother, this can happen several times a day or just once or twice. Any ideas??

Have it hold its breath and hang upside down for 30 seconds...usually works for me...

Anyway, maybe try taking that 9-pin plug apart (unscrew approx. 1/4 turn and pull apart) on the back side of the injection pump and blow it out good with an air gun and reconnect.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Have it hold its breath and hang upside down for 30 seconds...usually works for me...

Anyway, maybe try taking that 9-pin plug apart (unscrew approx. 1/4 turn and pull apart) on the back side of the injection pump and blow it out good with an air gun and reconnect.

Someone told of maintenance on the accelerator pedal also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Take this plug apart as directed above and put it together and take it apart 6 or 7 times blow it out and try it this may help.If not take it to a dealer and have them re pin the plug.

Thanks for the info, I will try clearing the plug and see what happens, what is this plug called?? It keeps getting progressively worst so I'm thinking it is fuel related, at first I was thinking a sensor or something electrical.

Thanks for the info, I will try clearing the plug and see what happens, what is this plug called?? It keeps getting progressively worst so I'm thinking it is fuel related, at first I was thinking a sensor or something electrical.

It is simply the main fuel pump plug !When you have this apart look at it head on and see if there are any signs of heat, brown looking areas on any of the plastic pin bosses If you find any that look discolored I would go to the dealer and have it repined!

• 2 weeks later...

It is simply the main fuel pump plug !When you have this apart look at it head on and see if there are any signs of heat, brown looking areas on any of the plastic pin bosses If you find any that look discolored I would go to the dealer and have it repined!

So far so good, I took the plug apart and blew it out, checked the pins and three are starting to discolor but the bosses looked OK. I'm not sure what fixed my problem sense I replaced the timing sensor at the same time as the wires were bare rite where they meet the sensor. I did wiggle the wires around and the motor never missed a beat so I don't think it was the sensor.

Thanks for the everyone.

Edited by ch613

So far so good, I took the plug apart and blew it out, checked the pins and three are starting to discolor but the bosses looked OK. I'm not sure what fixed my problem sense I replaced the timing sensor at the same time as the wires were bare rite where they meet the sensor. I did wiggle the wires around and the motor never missed a beat so I don't think it was the sensor.

Thanks for the everyone.

Glad that fixed it. One little bad electrical connection can do a good job of screwin things up can't it?

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

im posting for a friend of mine...i know nothing about nothing lol.

He is having kinda the same problem, except his truck never recovered from the hiccup. He is looking for the following (i copy and pasted from him):

- ecm ins and outs on a v mac 2 for 97 E7-454 or a wire number list

any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!