Cxu Headlights

Hi, the headlights in our cxu seems very dim on low beam. I have seen on tv commercials for improved brighter lights. Was at Napa today getting a light for our cx and asked them about the brighter lights. They stock them. Is it ok to use these bulbs? Does anyone run these brighter bulbs and see any difference? Thank you

Hi, the headlights in our cxu seems very dim on low beam. I have seen on tv commercials for improved brighter lights. Was at Napa today getting a light for our cx and asked them about the brighter lights. They stock them. Is it ok to use these bulbs? Does anyone run these brighter bulbs and see any difference? Thank you

i would be very carfull about changing bulbs. these trucks run very close to max amp draw, any extra could cause problems, switches,breakers

check my post on this could only hapen to me, lost my lights in co. about 1 hr. before getting into the mountains west of denver

when you have the cruse set on 75 mph. and no one is around and your lights go out like you turned the switch off, you will regret changing anything.

• 4 weeks later...

I've changed mine to 85/100 watt with NO problems. Also check that right bulb is installed. 9004 and 9007 look exactly the same, but are wired different. My CH is an '01 with 9004's, I bought 9007's and they were very dim lows but highs were fine. I ended up switching 2 wires at the plug and all was fine.

http://candlepowerinc.com/pdfs/9004_9007.pdf

Just so happens that this months "Overdrive" has an article re: changing headlites.

Need to upgrade switch, yada, yada

Edit: add a relay for the high beam

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• 3 weeks later...

i run utah, arizona alot, with the gps on and dashlights on, the inside of the cab was so lit up it turned into a box of mirrors, if i had not been on a strait stretch of road, they would have called it driver error or he fell asleep at the wheel, first flipping switch then dimmer then rolling window down then waiting for eyes to adjust. it was a good 10 to 12 ceconds to find the center line.