Power Steering Question

The Garrison G21 power steering on my B61 seems fine turning left, not so helpful turning right. worked well both ways until recently. Did without if for years, so I'm 50% better off than before but it is hard to plan left turn only trips. Fluid is only 2 years old but pretty dark- would changing it help, or just delay me from replacing seals somewhere? I don't see any leaks and the reservoir is within one inch of the top.

fontanaB61.BMP

The Garrison G21 power steering on my B61 seems fine turning left, not so helpful turning right. worked well both ways until recently. Did without if for years, so I'm 50% better off than before but it is hard to plan left turn only trips. Fluid is only 2 years old but pretty dark- would changing it help, or just delay me from replacing seals somewhere? I don't see any leaks and the reservoir is within one inch of the top.

Either the seals, or piston/bore area of the control valve have gone bad. It is time for a rebuild. Most hydraulic steering facilities such as Chicago Power Steering can take care of the problem.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Still struggling along with Armstrong steering so I can't help but just thought I'd say that's a bloody nice B you got there, mate!

Hope she's steering happily soon. :Mixer1:

Cheers

Andy

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Still struggling along with Armstrong steering so I can't help but just thought I'd say that's a bloody nice B you got there, mate!

Hope she's steering happily soon. :Mixer1:

Cheers

Andy

Thanks, and thanks to Rob for the hint on the seals. I just added a chrome bumper, had the tanks powder coated gloss black with chrome straps. I'm sure the lower wind resistance of the chome will offset the costs in fuel savings in no time