866 Exhaust

ducky698

Hi all, what size exhaust would be best for power on an 866?it will come out of turbo and be single to under cab where it will split into 2 then go up cab either side.

regards Grant

Hi Grant, both of mine use 5 inch exhaust. One is single stack, the other splits as you propose.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

:SMOKIE-LFT: I had 5 inch out of the turbo through the Y pipe then ran 6 inch staight pipes, no mufflers.

hi, that must have been loud. i dont think i will go that big, i was tossing up between 4 an 5 inch, i am unsure what way to rout it as well.

do they like some back pressure or do they like straight thru, whats best on these engines for there performance?

Grant

:SMOKIE-LFT:It was actually quieter with 6" straight pipes than it was when I had it all in 5" wiith 2 resonator mufflers on it. I don't think backpressure is needed with them , I found it better without backpressue.

Hi, interesting, will have to see how much room is under cab, i have lifted it up a bit now and just working out where to run the pipes. hey Rob how much room you got at your place?

Grant

Hi, interesting, will have to see how much room is under cab, i have lifted it up a bit now and just working out where to run the pipes. hey Rob how much room you got at your place?

Grant

Hi Grant, I have plenty of outside storage available. What were you needing from this part of the world?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Grant, I have plenty of outside storage available. What were you needing from this part of the world?

Rob

Hello, slowly starting to pack here to move there. am looking for some where to put the mack until we find a decent place as its coming over to. we may have a place before it arrives but just in case. it would probly be the only triple roadtrain rated ttrick over there :)

Grant

Hello, slowly starting to pack here to move there. am looking for some where to put the mack until we find a decent place as its coming over to. we may have a place before it arrives but just in case. it would probly be the only triple roadtrain rated ttrick over there smile.gif

Grant

No problem at all if you want to store it here. As I said plenty of room. Are you going to replace the cab for the steering wheel arrangement or leave it as is? You sure went through a lot of work to convert it to go back.

Whatever you need to do let me know.

Rob

No problem at all if you want to store it here. As I said plenty of room. Are you going to replace the cab for the steering wheel arrangement or leave it as is? You sure went through a lot of work to convert it to go back.

Whatever you need to do let me know.

Rob

Hello, no worries, thankyou. will leave it right hand drive, dont want to put the steering wheel on the wrong side :) I have a ford coupe in storage there all ready, will be looking for somewhere in Dupage county for now, am also bringing a Ford ute over aswell.

Grant