Hello all, just added more pics of the slow progress, have fitted drive shafts and the under chassis air start tank! it now has the air start line on, and um well, firstly the engine has been turned over once in 18mths so the should be no fuel left in system and the fuel lines are draped over the motor! now I put start line on to tank, pressureize my new tank and thought I will give it a crank to just turn it over! great idea.... not! the dam thing started and brang itself up on revs to who knows what before I thumbled around looking for enginge stop under a blue tarp cover.

it must have ran for 20seconds at most :( then the question was ok it must have had fuel left in the lines, well fine but why did it rev? because the return line was right next to the turbo air pick up that I had just uncovered because the tape was breaking up that I had it sealed with, so what did this grumpy 866 do? it sucked the unwanted fuel straight in! the truck has no radiator, no water, lucky enough i left the oil in it, so I hope it picked that up!

dam thing.

Grant

Hey Grant, That sounds like some of the stuff I get myself into. But I would not tell anyone. It just hurts the pocket book later. I'd send some goodluck over but, i'm fresh out of luck.

Hi, as long as it had some oil pressure she should be rite?? didnt run for that long it was just unexpected.

Grant

mike

Probably burned off the fuel that was still in the lines and the pump gallery.

Was the throttle linkage jammed in the "wide open" position?

Doesn't sound like the rack is stuck, because with a stuck rack the shutoff control will have no effect.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Probably burned off the fuel that was still in the lines and the pump gallery.

Was the throttle linkage jammed in the "wide open" position?

Doesn't sound like the rack is stuck, because with a stuck rack the shutoff control will have no effect.

Hello, no the rack is not stuck, the throttle is on idle and hard back with return spring, the only thing I can come up with is the fuel lines were draped over near the turbo and the return line dumped the fuel and it was sucked straight in to the turbo! I am pretty sure of this as the turbo inlet was wet. it could have been worse! its sitting there with left front wheel missing and could have been in gear :)

Grant