Another New Guy

JStevens120

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for a while now soaking up knowledge and decided I had better introduce myself. A couple months back I got a B75 that my dad bought about 25 years ago and it's been sitting in the barn ever since. took a couple hours but I got it running again and started investigating what it would take to get her back on the road. I had to put a head on the compressor cause the water wasn't drained and the aluminum end cap on the oil cooler had the same problem. replaced a few hoses and finally I was able to take it around the block last weekend. I still have some electrical problems to work out, and put some new rubber on, but she is almost completely back to life. I'm planning on pulling a 2 car gooseneck trailer back and forth from the track, and I think it will be perfect for that. Someone has already changed out the rear to a 5.78 ratio and with the double over triplex it cruises right along.

Anyway, just wanted to say that this is a great site and this truck is turning into a fun project.

now back to work, race season is almost here...

Jessepost-4682-12678983508736_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for a while now soaking up knowledge and decided I had better introduce myself. A couple months back I got a B75 that my dad bought about 25 years ago and it's been sitting in the barn ever since. took a couple hours but I got it running again and started investigating what it would take to get her back on the road. I had to put a head on the compressor cause the water wasn't drained and the aluminum end cap on the oil cooler had the same problem. replaced a few hoses and finally I was able to take it around the block last weekend. I still have some electrical problems to work out, and put some new rubber on, but she is almost completely back to life. I'm planning on pulling a 2 car gooseneck trailer back and forth from the track, and I think it will be perfect for that. Someone has already changed out the rear to a 5.78 ratio and with the double over triplex it cruises right along.

Anyway, just wanted to say that this is a great site and this truck is turning into a fun project.

Nice lookin ride, can tell thats not from New York, looks rust free

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Hi all,

Welcome aboard

Good looking old B, my first truck was a B75.

Great place for advice and help :chili:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

nice looking B-75,always liked them,i really like the "l"style cab on them...anyway good luck with the resto.....mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.