Engine Mp7

I Just recently bought a 2007 Mack granite with a mp7. I am noticing some oil drops coming out of the vent pipe underneath the motor. I also notice sometimes only when I haul out the dipstick for the engine oil some traces of a grey scum in with the oil. I changed the oil about 3000km ago at a Mack dealer. And my antifeeeze level is not droping. It also seems that my engine oil level has not dropped any at all despite that I have some oil dropping out of the vent pipe and also a small oil leak coming from the front of the oil pan. I wonder If there could be some diesel fuel geting in the engine oil.

I Just recently bought a 2007 Mack granite with a mp7. I am noticing some oil drops coming out of the vent pipe underneath the motor. I also notice sometimes only when I haul out the dipstick for the engine oil some traces of a grey scum in with the oil. I changed the oil about 3000km ago at a Mack dealer. And my antifeeeze level is not droping. It also seems that my engine oil level has not dropped any at all despite that I have some oil dropping out of the vent pipe and also a small oil leak coming from the front of the oil pan. I wonder If there could be some diesel fuel geting in the engine oil.

Have the oil tested!We have had the odd front engine seal leak!

Is the engine geting up to temp?

The engine seems to be running fine and the temperature is good. The traces of grey scum and the oil drops from the vent pipe is what worries me. Is there suppose to be anything noticable coming out of the vent pipe on these motors.

No engine is perfect!

Get a sample to ease your mind!

If your operating in humid condions this wouldn't help things!

Gray scum usually means oil and water mixture. All sumps will have a certain amount of moisture in them from the air spaces above the oil level. The water vapor condenses after engine shutdown. It then boils off after engine startup. When it boils off after heating up the steam escapes through the engine breathing system. The dip stick tube is an area where the moisture can't escape so it can mix with the tube oil film and make a grayish sludge. You might try leaving the dip stick slightly off its seat so that dip stick fumes can escape. An oil sample is certainly in order just to put your mind at ease. :lol: