New Job

joes mack

yester day i got my first granite truck its a 2009 i was excited to get to drive one. the excitement wore off very quickly though on the second trip up on the mountain it started shuting down. it would not hardly pull out had to find a wide spot and let it burn off. 2 trips later the same thing. eventhough its a mack it sucks so today i traded trucks i got a trusty RD 888 instead it has a 427 in it it is a power house 46 tons up truck dump hill in 3rd at 1800 rpm. i like the look of the granite but not the problems but im verry happy with the 99 RD . i will try to get some pics of the trucks to put on here...joe

yester day i got my first granite truck its a 2009 i was excited to get to drive one. the excitement wore off very quickly though on the second trip up on the mountain it started shuting down. it would not hardly pull out had to find a wide spot and let it burn off. 2 trips later the same thing. eventhough its a mack it sucks so today i traded trucks i got a trusty RD 888 instead it has a 427 in it it is a power house 46 tons up truck dump hill in 3rd at 1800 rpm. i like the look of the granite but not the problems but im verry happy with the 99 RD . i will try to get some pics of the trucks to put on here...joe

Thankfully Volvo is developing a regenless 2010 system so you don't have to worry about a good pull to burn out the DPF.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

i just cant figure the re gen out if it is for emissions why do you have to burn it off it just dont make sense to me. no smoke while driving but lots of blue smoke when burning off and smells like burnt clorox (i guess i spelled it right). kinda defeats the purpose dont it. joe

That smoke from the DPF burn-off smells like shee-it doesn't it? I've been behind a couple different guys who've got KW's and when they're going down the road it'll puff blue smoke once in a while. It looks kinda neat though, similar to a fighter plane when they leave the trail of smoke and it curls around behind it.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

That smoke from the DPF burn-off smells like shee-it doesn't it? I've been behind a couple different guys who've got KW's and when they're going down the road it'll puff blue smoke once in a while. It looks kinda neat though, similar to a fighter plane when they leave the trail of smoke and it curls around behind it.

My '01 leaves a brief trail of smoke when I shift...goes over the top of my dump, but when I pull that dry box, the trail of smoke went around the sides of the trailer. I expected to find a gray racing stripe down the side of the trailer by the time I got back :lol:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Better than racing stripes in your undies, right?! :chili:

My truck just has two con-trails whenever I'm on the gas...the puff of smoke when I shift and then a haze outta the pipes thereafter.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg