Air Flow Restriction?en331Gas

WLb30p

Presently have a wet type air cleaner directly on top of the carburetor. The cleaner's oil sump bottom is rusted thru in many locations and won't hold oil, and I don't have a replacement cleaner. Will be replacing the cab shell with another cab which had a diesel engine and an external wet type air cleaner(in good condition) on the passenger side. If I switch over to the external air cleaner, will there be any adverse restriction on air flow due to the length of tubing going to the carb, that affects engine performance? What kind of connecting "tubing" might I need? Any thoughts on switching over to a dry type air cleaner either directly on top of the carb or in the external air cleaner?

Presently have a wet type air cleaner directly on top of the carburetor. The cleaner's oil sump bottom is rusted thru in many locations and won't hold oil, and I don't have a replacement cleaner. Will be replacing the cab shell with another cab which had a diesel engine and an external wet type air cleaner(in good condition) on the passenger side. If I switch over to the external air cleaner, will there be any adverse restriction on air flow due to the length of tubing going to the carb, that affects engine performance? What kind of connecting "tubing" might I need? Any thoughts on switching over to a dry type air cleaner either directly on top of the carb or in the external air cleaner?

You will see no adverse reactions with either setup you use. The EN-331 engine does not have the capability to flow the amount of air a diesel does. The choice of either staying with a carburator mount air cleaner setup, or external would be up to your personal preference. However the B series cab would need the hole in the cowl both under the hood, and in front of the windshield filled if you used the carb mount filter assembly. If you use the external type, you could use most any type tubing but I would suggest pipe easily allocated at truck parts stores for turbocharging applications. You would need to adapt it to fit the carburator air horn with a boot that steps down in size. This is not difficult to do and most any local truck parts store should be able to help.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.