350 E-7 Straight Exhaust?

any one know how a e7 350 sounds with dual straight exhaust? i would like to put dual 6" straight exhaust on my tri-axle but im not sure how it would sound. i need to cut my headboard down to make it fit alright and i think im going to have to move my air dryer to sneak a stack out on the drivers side. and does any one know where i can get aluminum fuel tanks for a 92 rd?

I had straight pipes on my CH for a while...and it was LOUD!! That being said however, I think a Mack with straight pipes is undoubtedly the best sound compared to the rest.

If you're looking for a set of 6" straights...curved turnout at the top (not the bullhauler style) and 6' tall, lemme know. They're listed in the 'for sale' section of this forum, but quite a ways back.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I have straights on My RS700L, 285 maxidyne its got tall stacks and is not loud at all in the cab. has a nice note when it goes by but not to the point that it would attract the police. as long as the stack is a little over the top of the cab you will be able to live with it.

Not my truck but this is what it will basicly sounds like with straight stacks.

any one know how a e7 350 sounds with dual straight exhaust? i would like to put dual 6" straight exhaust on my tri-axle but im not sure how it would sound. i need to cut my headboard down to make it fit alright and i think im going to have to move my air dryer to sneak a stack out on the drivers side. and does any one know where i can get aluminum fuel tanks for a 92 rd?

I work on and test drive a 2005 CV dump truck with twin 6" straight pipes. It has tip outs a little bit above the roof line. Its not bad when crusing but any time you get on it, you cant hear the radio or cell phone. After about 9 months the owner/driver put mufflers back on.

I had straight pipes on my CH for a while...and it was LOUD!! That being said however, I think a Mack with straight pipes is undoubtedly the best sound compared to the rest.

If you're looking for a set of 6" straights...curved turnout at the top (not the bullhauler style) and 6' tall, lemme know. They're listed in the 'for sale' section of this forum, but quite a ways back.

im not sure what length i need? i want to go like 6-7" over my headboard. wich is 10'6" off the ground now. i cant see it being more than 6 feet. do you have heat sheilds for them? what did you want for them?

im not sure what length i need? i want to go like 6-7" over my headboard. wich is 10'6" off the ground now. i cant see it being more than 6 feet. do you have heat sheilds for them? what did you want for them?

They're 6 feet tall...which is pretty close to a standard muffler with a 2 foot turnout on it. I have to drive underneath asphalt plants all the time so height was a concern, otherwise I might've gone taller.

The heat shields on them are my brothers from when he took the pipes off his truck...I'm not sure if he wants to get rid of them or not.

I was asking $450 for them both...they're reduced to 5" at the bottom and the mounting clamps are Kenworth style I believe, but if you bolt/weld some angle iron onto the exhaust mount of the truck it works well.

post-1977-12664681092307_thumb.jpg

post-1977-12664681261559_thumb.jpg

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg