Air Ride Cab

it never dawned on me, the rawhide has the pipes mounted to the cab, it appers to have air lines to the air bags under the berth, but it doesnt seem to have any give in them. im assuming it is because of the exhaust, i have seen braided stainless 5" steam pipes in chemical plants, if i could get my hands on a couple of those,could i put air ride on my rawhide?

the bags should have give in them. I would be suprised if they did not.I would Check the leveling valve first. some times they fail or get out of wack and the rear of the cab will sag and ride on the bump stops. its a simple adjustment to get the cab to sit level. you simple adjust the arm so that the cab sits level and then tighten it back down. Just like you would on the air ride rear axels.. I have to adjust my leveling valve about every 2 years as the bags get older and have more give to them.

biggin my friend has a 2010 (forgive me for this) pete and the exaust was mounted to the cab and his air ride wouldnt work eather and we took some 2x2 tubing and made some exaust mounts and tied it together like the mounts on a R series truck and it worked really good for him. air ride works now. he said it made all the diff in the world with the way it rides (rubber block susp verry rough ride) . joe

the cab sets level, it has air lines to the bags, couldnt find leveling valve, it feels like bags have 120 pounds of air, it's not that bad, i just got out of a vision and we know how cushy they are, like a new cadilac, drink cofee from an open cup.

i was thinking i got an old friend who is about to retire from a chemical plant and he could snag me some space age flex, and i could have my cake and eat it to, a rawhide that rides like a vision. if all i have to do is add a leveling valve???????

how hot does the exhaust get from the muffler to the stack, in the summer pulling a mountain??????

All the exhaust needs is flex pipe to allow the cab to move up and down a few inches.

on the work truck (97 IH with eagle sleeper) the dual stacks are mounted between the cab and sleeper. the pipes go under the cab to a tee pipe that is bolted to a bracket. there is a flex pipe to each stack off of this Tee pipe. truck has 400k and we had to replace the flex pipes once due to rust. cab air ride is mounted at the back of the sleeper so the flex pipes sees half of the cab movemnt that is seen at the cab air bags.

Pete and KW also mount stacks to the cab. they did a simmilar set up with the flex pipes that run from the Tee pipe to the bottom of the stacks. the cab air bags should only need about 20-40 psi to lift a cab. I dont have a solid number but they only fill to a PSI that levels the cab. if its over filling it will be rock solid. all the air ride cabs I have seen you could feel the cab move if walking in the sleeper or getting in and out of the truck?

regarding exhaust temps... on my RS with twin straight stacks, no heat gaurds. I cant touch the stack or external mufflers after its been running down the road. If you have 1000 deg at the turbo I would think 200-300 deg (minimu)is what the stack is at?

thanks for that info.

i dont feel the cab move when entring or walking around in berth.

i will try to post some pics of what i got going on, but gota head out 4:30 am. another load of crain mats going to kansas. dont know what they are doing with them, they are taking hundreds of them???????

thanks for that info.

i dont feel the cab move when entring or walking around in berth.

i will try to post some pics of what i got going on, but gota head out 4:30 am. another load of crain mats going to kansas. dont know what they are doing with them, they are taking hundreds of them???????

Building windmills...? I was watching 'dangerous drives' on speed channel the other day and they had windmill parts haulers on there...the tubes and blades. Kinda neat, the tubes come from the Pacific northwest, the motor and blades come from Houston.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg