Fuel Pedal Sensitivity?

jmkmaterial

We have a late model Mack CX613 Vision, andwe are having a problem with the fuel pedal sensitivity. It seems like the fuel pedal is "sticky" and when you are trying to give it low fuel it is very jumpy and hard to control fuel level. Is there a way to adjust the fuel pedal sensitivity??

Clean out around the bottom of the pedal real good. First thing to try.

The sensor down there may have some grit and stuff gumming up the works.

OR, replace the sensor

BTW-welcome :WELCOME:

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

We have a late model Mack CX613 Vision, andwe are having a problem with the fuel pedal sensitivity. It seems like the fuel pedal is "sticky" and when you are trying to give it low fuel it is very jumpy and hard to control fuel level. Is there a way to adjust the fuel pedal sensitivity??

How late is late model?In the newer program a Mack dealer has a calibrate throtle screen has this been done?Also in the programing there is some settings You need to have the throtle setting min/max ticked in the throtle options Not All speed !This ussually corects these problems.

How late is late model?In the newer program a Mack dealer has a calibrate throtle screen has this been done?Also in the programing there is some settings You need to have the throtle setting min/max ticked in the throtle options Not All speed !This ussually corects these problems.

It is a 2004, and i cleaned out all the sand and grim from under the pedal and lubricated all rollers and piviot points. I also found that the metal pedistal that the pedal rolls on had a grove in it causing the roller to hang up, so I ground down the grove and smoothed it out. Those things helped, but the pedal is still pretty sensitive, the slightest movement in the pedal makes a big jump in RPM's.

Thanks in advanced for all help or suggestions

It is a 2004, and i cleaned out all the sand and grim from under the pedal and lubricated all rollers and piviot points. I also found that the metal pedistal that the pedal rolls on had a grove in it causing the roller to hang up, so I ground down the grove and smoothed it out. Those things helped, but the pedal is still pretty sensitive, the slightest movement in the pedal makes a big jump in RPM's.

Thanks in advanced for all help or suggestions

Mack went through several vendors that made their throttle pedals. When we would replace a pedal made by one vendor with one made by another vendor the driver would sometimes complaine about this. You can have the "Step 12B" software put in the VECU and the dealer can calibrate the pedal and as mentioned above change the governer setting to "min/max". And also I have found a flat spot on the roller on the pedal and the pedal ramp worn down, just as you have found.

Mack went through several vendors that made their throttle pedals. When we would replace a pedal made by one vendor with one made by another vendor the driver would sometimes complaine about this. You can have the "Step 12B" software put in the VECU and the dealer can calibrate the pedal and as mentioned above change the governer setting to "min/max". And also I have found a flat spot on the roller on the pedal and the pedal ramp worn down, just as you have found.

Great, thanks for the help. And if i wanted to have the "step 12b" software put in i can only have that done through a dealer correct?? And what exactly doe the step 12b software do?

Great, thanks for the help. And if i wanted to have the "step 12b" software put in i can only have that done through a dealer correct?? And what exactly doe the step 12b software do?

Gotta be done at a dealer, The download is free from Mack, you just have to pay labor to install. I would also get them to install the newest/latest softwareor datafile in the EECU(engine computer). The new software and datafiles just have newer info to make the truck run better or clear up some software issues.