T300 Series Trans.

Denny

What is the difference between the T200 series and the T300 series transmissions. I have a T2090 in my R model. Are they any more driver friendly, or easier to shift? I've been thinking about swapping out the Super10 in my CH for a T310. But are they really better than the 200 series? I really like 2090 In the R, but I have to clutch to come out of gear in the high side to make a really smooth shift. I also need to look at the ratios to see if they are pretty close to each other.Thanks

This is from Mack. I tried to copy and paste the service bulletin but the chart didn't come out right. The finer sliding clutch teeth makes it shift better than the T-200 series but still not as smooth and a half worn out Fuller. SB320003

Pub Type: BULLETIN

Number: SB320003

Date: 06/29/01

Model: ALL

Title: MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) VS. T200 SERIES TRANSMISSIONS

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Series Transmissions

(Also applies to Mack Trucks Australia)

A new family of MACK transmissions has been released. Designated as MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) Series, these transmissions are the next evolution of a proud heritage of durable triple-countershaft MACK transmissions. New features and product enhancements have been engineered into these transmissions to provide a wide range of advantages which include the following:

New and revised gear ratios for greater overall range and versatility.

Lower "LOs" in forward and reverse for superior site maneuvering.

Shiftable Multi-Speed Reverse for efficiency while in reverse.

Improved shift quality.

Enhanced durability.

Weight reduction versus the T200 Series transmissions.

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Conversion Chart

The following table explains the new suffix definitions utilized with the MAXITORQUE® ES Series transmissions.

Feature/Ratio

Suffix

Low Forward Gear

L

Low Reverse Gear

R

Multispeed Reverse

M

Gathered Ratio

G

Extended Output Shaft

E

2100 Lb-Ft Torque Capacity

The following chart provides a complete summary of T200 transmission designations and suffix definitions as well as the new MAXITORQUE® ES replacement designations.

The commercial name is "MAXITORQUE® ES".

The family name has evolved from T200 to T300.

The model designations utilize "T3" as a base nomenclature with a third and fourth digit to identify the number of speeds. Contrary to the T200 designation, "0" is NOT used to designate "overdrive". Suffixes are used to identify features and/or ratios.

T200 and Replacement MAXITORQUE® ES T300 Designations

T200 Designation

Suffix Definition

T300 Designation

T2050

T305

T2060

T306

T2060A

Gathered Ratio

T306G

T2070

T307

T2070B

Multispeed Reverse

T307M

T2070F

Short Compound

N/A

T2080

T308

T2080B

Multispeed Reverse

T308M

T2090

T309

T2090L (1)

Low Forward Ratio

T309L

T2090LR (1)

Low Forward and Low Reverse Ratio

T309LR

T2100

N/A

Multispeed Reverse

T310M(E)

Multispeed Reverse, Low Forward and Low Reverse Ratio

T310MLR

T2110B

Multispeed Reverse

N/A

T2130

Low Forward and Reverse Ratio

T313LR

T2130B

Low Forward Ratio

T313L

T2180

Low Forward and Reverse Ratio

T318LR

T2180B

Low Forward Ratio

T318L

Low Forward and Reverse Ratio; 2100 lb-ft Torque Capacity

T313LR21

Low Forward Ratio; 2100 lb-ft Torque Capacity

T313L21

T2180A

Low Forward and Reverse Ratio; 2100 lb-ft Torque Capacity

T318LR21

Low Forward Ratio; 2100 lb-ft Torque Capacity

T318L21

NOTES:

T2090L and T2090LR were available only by contract.

New T300 offerings/ratios (those which did not exist in the T200 transmission line-up) are shown in bold.

Units with revised ratios (versus the T200 transmission line-up) are shaded.

T300 5, 6, 7 and 8 speed offerings have the same ratio as their respective T200 predecessors.

The T2070F, T2100 and T2110B offerings will NOT have a T300 alternative and will cease to exist. Service parts for these three transmissions, however, will still be available through the MACK Parts System.

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Gear Ratio Comparisons and General Information

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Gear Ratio Chart and General Information

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Component Comparisons

Sliding Clutches

T300 sliding clutches feature a new "fine-pitch" tooth design with 30 teeth versus the T200 "coarse-pitch" tooth clutch that has 16 teeth. Advantages of this new feature include the following:

Less travel needed for engagement.

Greater engagement area resulting in enhanced strength and durability.

Better "feel" for the driver.

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Sliding Clutch Comparison

Shift Rail Detent Profile

T300 shift rails feature a new-design neutral notch that is not as deep as the notch on the T200 rail. In addition, the sides of the new notch are sloped. These shift rail enhancements aid in improving shift quality.

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Shift Rail Comparison

The following chart provides part number cross-reference information between the MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) transmissions and the T200 transmissions.

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Part Numbers

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Part Number Chart

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) Warranty Features

The MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) Series transmissions carry the same warranty as the T200 transmissions. Synchronizer blocking pins are warranted against fracture during the warranty period.

MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) Lubrication

The MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) Series transmissions use the same lubricant specifications (GO-J PLUS and TO-A) and lubricant change intervals as is used for the current T200 series transmissions. These lubricant specifications and change intervals are outlined in the Maintenance and Lubrication Manual, TS494. For transmission lubricant capacity, refer to the chart under the heading "MAXITORQUE® ES (T300) vs. T200 Gear Ratio Comparisons and General Information".

Thanks for posting that MackPro, just reading through it tells me that Mack has not improved that much over the 200 series. I was hoping that they upgraded enough to be with the times. Sounds like as much of a pain my Super 10 is, I better just put up with it . Thanks Again

How have these transmissions been holding up over all? The range syncronizer better than in the 200 series?

The syncro's are better but we still change alot of them. The main problem is the driver/trainning, then Mack had alot of problems with the range shift fork bolt backing out and also the out put/rear yoke bolt getting loose and causing syncro failures. I would say 90% of the time it's not the syncro's fault.