Drott And Case Excavators

BAD DOG

I was looking at buying a Drott 50 or a Case 980 hydraulic Excavator and was wondreing about the availability or if you could even get parts for those machines any more.

Around here Drott equipment is supported well by the Case dealers. I don't really know anything about other suppliers.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I was looking at buying a Drott 50 or a Case 980 hydraulic Excavator and was wondreing about the availability or if you could even get parts for those machines any more.

parts are still avalible,but getting very expensive . i was looking into a drott 50 last spring that had a bad house swing gear, and did locate one but was 2500 dollars. not many machines around anymore. are you looking for play or work. i do have a excavator for sale, if your interested............. many of the used parts dealers have gotten rid of these machines years ago and been updating to the newer stuff. i know were a drott 50 sits now , not a bad machine but bad swing gear.

Green Giant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

parts are still avalible,but getting very expensive . i was looking into a drott 50 last spring that had a bad house swing gear, and did locate one but was 2500 dollars. not many machines around anymore. are you looking for play or work. i do have a excavator for sale, if your interested............. many of the used parts dealers have gotten rid of these machines years ago and been updating to the newer stuff. i know were a drott 50 sits now , not a bad machine but bad swing gear.

Green Giant2

I was just looking at a Drott 50 to keep my dad occupied, just for cleaning line dithes for farmers and small low budjet private excavating jobs. He and my grandpa used to be in the excavating bussiness together for years, they had a Case 880 excavator that they bought new in 76 that grandpa used to run. It was a good little machine and was still like new when grandpa sold it about 20 years ago. Dad and I have been thinking about buying a machine for a while since dad quit trucking a couple years ago and I found one a couple hrs away so we were just wondering if you can still get parts for them, before we get too serious. Dad would like to get another dragline, but we thought we better start out with a hydraulic machine first, figure it might be easier to find work for it, he used to have a Bucyrus Erie 30B, and he wishes alot of days that he had never sold it or the Case excavator.