95 E-7 400Hp Cam!

24vman

ok, please let me know.

pat

there is a company i think in maryland that is called Camcraft,they do all that stuff and regrinds. my small engine shop in the area clued me in to them. the guy that you want to talk to is Charles. would have to back in my records to find phone #. they sent me a regrind and gave me a good core $ for mine. he told me that it was common for the macks to loss the carbide and eat a lobe. they had good turn time on the order. if you can not find them on the net, Email me a dsmithexcavating@hotmail.com, and i will look it up.

Green Giant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

there is a company i think in maryland that is called Camcraft,they do all that stuff and regrinds. my small engine shop in the area clued me in to them. the guy that you want to talk to is Charles. would have to back in my records to find phone #. they sent me a regrind and gave me a good core $ for mine. he told me that it was common for the macks to loss the carbide and eat a lobe. they had good turn time on the order. if you can not find them on the net, Email me a dsmithexcavating@hotmail.com, and i will look it up.

Green Giant2

hey, thanks for the tip, i really appreciate it.

pat

Hey, i got your e-mail, i'm gonna give them call tomarrow, and see if we can get somthing done.

thanks again green giant2

24vman.

Hey was wondering how things worked out with cam craft

Green Giant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

hey, no progress yet. i'm still pondering around, i want to make sure i get the best rate possible on the parts and service. being as i have untill spring time.

24vman.

was wondering if you made contact with cam craft and what they told you,if they could help at all

Green Giant2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pulled my cam out of my 94 E-7 and mailed it yesterday to Camcraft. They are in SC. I talked to Charles and he said $250 to regrind my cam and weld 1 lobe. Also $13 to resurface each lifter. One of my lifters lost the hard-facing which is welded to the lifter. Really not lost because I found it in the oil pan. I priced out a new cam and lifters which came to $2,100 plus $99 a core for each lifter that is no good. Big savings. Shipping was $40 one way. I have to buy one new lifter which is $126 plus a core of $99. WOW!!!!!!!! Charles has about 250 mack cams waiting to get reground. 2 days shipping. 1 day to regrind and 2 days return shipping. If you can wait, this is the way to go. He needs the part number because he has some cams in stock.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I pulled my cam out of my 94 E-7 and mailed it yesterday to Camcraft. They are in SC. I talked to Charles and he said $250 to regrind my cam and weld 1 lobe. Also $13 to resurface each lifter. One of my lifters lost the hard-facing which is welded to the lifter. Really not lost because I found it in the oil pan. I priced out a new cam and lifters which came to $2,100 plus $99 a core for each lifter that is no good. Big savings. Shipping was $40 one way. I have to buy one new lifter which is $126 plus a core of $99. WOW!!!!!!!! Charles has about 250 mack cams waiting to get reground. 2 days shipping. 1 day to regrind and 2 days return shipping. If you can wait, this is the way to go. He needs the part number because he has some cams in stock.

found out that same exact thing when my cam went, macks issue with welding the carbide to the lifter and with the price factor. i think my cam would have been 900-1100 $$$$ and a set of lifters would cost 1600$$ through mack, got them after market for 1200$$. Charels told me all the same things about what he does. all my pieces of the lifter were all in the pan in very small pieces along with half the lobe. that was quite a learning exp. for me at that time, its called got yaa. i am glad that there is a place like cam craft out there to help with these problems.. did you do your cam inframe or out. my problem was holding the lifters in place when i slid the new cam in, did it with magnets and grease.

GreenGiant2

I did mine in the truck. I used lubriplate grease, very thick. Worked just fine. A little tough getting up inside, just had to keep turning the crank to get room. I tried to borrow the magnets from my locale mack dealer but they were using them, go figure.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I did mine in the truck. I used lubriplate grease, very thick. Worked just fine. A little tough getting up inside, just had to keep turning the crank to get room. I tried to borrow the magnets from my locale mack dealer but they were using them, go figure.

IF it went like mine , you must have been absolutly filthy when you were done, i was. that engine oil in those macks make everything black.

GG2

Oh yah!!!!!, I had more oil on me than the oil pan did. The best thing to do is remove the pan and let sit a week to let all the oil drip off.

did that, still covered

gg2

Dont know if the e7 or like the e6 but on those you can take a gas welding rod or coat hanger and bend the end into a shallow S shape drive them in the hole in the center of the lifter and tie them with big rubber bands to top of the head. that way you dont have to pull the side plates or the pump

Edited by Eightball