Hey Glenn:

Tonight I was tracing out my oil line for the dash guage that has not worked. I've thought is was not hooked up because there is absolutely no deflection to the needle when the engine is started. Turns out I was looking on the right side of the engine down by the auxilary shaft where the natural aspirated engines are tapped into an oil gallery. This engine is tapped into the oil pressure regulator right beside the oil line that feeds the turbocharger center bearing. Anyways, the oil pressure regulator was loose on the side of the engine. I was able to remove both bottom retaining bolts by finger pressure. The line for the oil pressure guage is connected, but I'm wondering with this regulator being loose on the block if the pressure was bypassing the feed line for the guage? I've not started the engine cause didn't want to fill the shop with smoke due to work in progress on wrecked cars. I know the engine has to be oiling itself as it's ran several hours without knocking.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I was tracing out my oil line for the dash guage that has not worked. I've thought is was not hooked up because there is absolutely no deflection to the needle when the engine is started. Turns out I was looking on the right side of the engine down by the auxilary shaft where the natural aspirated engines are tapped into an oil gallery. This engine is tapped into the oil pressure regulator right beside the oil line that feeds the turbocharger center bearing. Anyways, the oil pressure regulator was loose on the side of the engine. I was able to remove both bottom retaining bolts by finger pressure. The line for the oil pressure guage is connected, but I'm wondering with this regulator being loose on the block if the pressure was bypassing the feed line for the guage? I've not started the engine cause didn't want to fill the shop with smoke due to work in progress on wrecked cars. I know the engine has to be oiling itself as it's ran several hours without knocking.

Rob sorry for being slow but i think if the oil was bypassing due to the loose bolts then it would leak also to the out side of the engine.

Thanks,

Rob

glenn akers

Thanks Glenn for the reply. I changed the gauge itself and it came to life with good oil pressure cold. I'm going to roll in new bearings for good measure but the movement was stuck in the old gauge. I did get it to come loose with a flush of solvent and 90 psi of air pressure applied. I haven't put it back into a truck as of yet.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.