Scr Options

Was on the Mack site and seen some photos of a day cab with the scr components on it. Seen the passenger side had the DPF were it always was and then the burner beside it with 2 air tanks beside it. Then on the driver side it had the battery box with the DEF tank then the fuel tank, didn't look bad, but I was doing some reading and it seems like there may be some options with the way some of the scr components are set up on the truck. Read were they are gonna have an option were you can get the DEF tank mounted inside the fuel tank. So with that being said, you should be able to order a pinnacle that looks just like the 08 and 09's do with the battery box and the three air tanks under the battery box on the driver side, a Def tank inside the driver side fuel tank, and the only visable difference will be the burner mounted on the passenger side beside the DPF??? Which the burner does not look like an eye sore since it just looks like a box with a stainless cover over it. Just looking if anyone can shed some light on this,,,does this all sound correct? thanks

You're on the right track. I also agree with your last statement on another post, and our experience is also that we are seeing fewer problems with "08 & '09 trucks then we had back in '04.

By '06 & '07, the Asset engines were doing alot better, especially after some of the later updates, but there were still issues.

I still think that we're through the scariest part of emissions with EGR & DPF. I don't think SCR is that big a deal.

But that being said, there are others that feel there will be some breakthrough on the horizon that will clean up the emissions in the combustion chamber instead of in the exhaust after-treatment, and all this other crap (EGR, DPF & SCR) will go the way of the dinosaur.

For example, Volvo is experimenting with burning a mixture of diesel & methane. Most people in the know still agree that diesel power will continue to be the power of choice for heavy trucks well into the future.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

urea is very corrosive and does not like alum or other metal, so a shiny alum. tank might work but is not the best option, however SISU using urea injection has made their motors tier 4 complient without the use of a EGR, have on AGCO with it works great so far more power and 20% fuel economy than the same tractor with the same motor with a EGR valve, would be nice if Mack or other on road engine manufacturers could follow suit and put EGR valves where they belong scrap pile

urea is very corrosive and does not like alum or other metal, so a shiny alum. tank might work but is not the best option, however SISU using urea injection has made their motors tier 4 complient without the use of a EGR, have on AGCO with it works great so far more power and 20% fuel economy than the same tractor with the same motor with a EGR valve, would be nice if Mack or other on road engine manufacturers could follow suit and put EGR valves where they belong scrap pile

From what I read, Mack is putting the standard high strength plastic DEF tank inside the alum. fuel tank, they are not actually doing a split alum tank for the reason of what you said about the urea being corrosive.

From what I read, Mack is putting the standard high strength plastic DEF tank inside the alum. fuel tank, they are not actually doing a split alum tank for the reason of what you said about the urea being corrosive.

Probably using a shorter fuel tank, butt he urea tank next to it and then use a cover to make it look seamless.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

SISU from Finland? They use Renault branded Volvo engines. And by Tier 4 do you mean Euro 4?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

SISU from Finland? They use Renault branded Volvo engines. And by Tier 4 do you mean Euro 4?

yes SISU from Finland AGCO has dumped Cummins for the SISU and CAT motors (agriculture application), it meets tier 4 emmisions here in the states these are not volvo motors 513ci they look like the discontinued 40 series Detroits fair motor, but had a older (2003) mechancial sisu eat a injector this summer down 3 days at the worst time possible