40 Gal. Tanks, B-61

I recently refurbished the 40 gal square tanks on my B-61lt. Trying to find tank straps for them. The Mack straps I recently picked up from the Mack shop were wider at 2 inches and the t bolt was also larger. I would have had to drill out the mounting brackets and I didnt want to do that if I didn't have to. I believe the straps were 43 inches from t bolt to t bolt and 1 1/2 inch wide. Does anyone know of any place to purchase the correct straps. Thanks.

I would think you could have a fab shop make you some up. Maybe out of stainless?? Oh...that would be pretty. Roll the ends, install the t-bolts and weld the loop shut. Oh, the possibilities?

I think I have some used ones left out back on some frame brackets. If you don't have any luck let me know and I'll take a look.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I recently refurbished the 40 gal square tanks on my B-61lt. Trying to find tank straps for them. The Mack straps I recently picked up from the Mack shop were wider at 2 inches and the t bolt was also larger. I would have had to drill out the mounting brackets and I didnt want to do that if I didn't have to. I believe the straps were 43 inches from t bolt to t bolt and 1 1/2 inch wide. Does anyone know of any place to purchase the correct straps. Thanks.

Just did the exact same job, tanks are at the powder coater now. Had the straps chromed- pricey at $200 but I was getting the bumper and breast plate done too so I was reckless. I could measure the straps so you could have them made. I intend to put a sealant in the tanks when they get done baking at the powder coater's place. They were beginning to rust through under the I.D. plates and I was afraid the new ULSD fuel would break up 45 years of sludge and send it to my injectors