Centrimax Filter

macattack

can a spin on filter be installed instead of a centrimax cartridge type filter? also the small vent tube on the top of the filter housing, can a guy just put a hose on it and direct it to ground?

thanks

If you are talking about the centrifugal bypass filter on a mack then the answer is yes. I think it is luberfiner that makes a filter head that takes the by/pass filter 777 and it is a remote mount.But it will not do any better job than the centridge. The 777 was used to take place of the 750 luber finer. Cummins used this filter on the two filter screw on engine.

glenn akers

If you are talking about the centrifugal bypass filter on a mack then the answer is yes. I think it is luberfiner that makes a filter head that takes the by/pass filter 777 and it is a remote mount.But it will not do any better job than the centridge. The 777 was used to take place of the 750 luber finer. Cummins used this filter on the two filter screw on engine.

ok thanks.

how about the vent on top of this housing. can a guy just route the hose towards the ground?

Edited by macattack

The centrimax does an awesome job at cleaning the oil, after cutting open filters after 20,000 miles of use you should see the inside of one of thoses filters. I would never take one off unless you plan on changing your oil every 4-6,000 miles. However I have seen some fleet trucks that did have a block off plate to remove the centrimax filter, I thing it was UPS or ABF.

The centrimax does an awesome job at cleaning the oil, after cutting open filters after 20,000 miles of use you should see the inside of one of thoses filters. I would never take one off unless you plan on changing your oil every 4-6,000 miles. However I have seen some fleet trucks that did have a block off plate to remove the centrimax filter, I thing it was UPS or ABF.

thanks. i wasnt planning on taking it off, just replacing it with a spin on filter. i decided to leave it alone.

can you tell me the proper place that the small hose on top of the centrimax housing is suppose to go. my hose is gone and was not there when i bought the truck. i believe its to go to the valve cover, but where? i also read that some people just block it off. what do you think?

thanks in advance