8 Spoke Wheels

41chevy

My 1969 DM800 has these on the rear and "flat" GM style 8 spokes on the steer. Are they Mack CL350 wheels? Were they an option on my DM? Never saw them before. Paul

dm8spoke.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Haven't used it yet. I'm still sorting out electrical issues and replacing broken cab mounts. The /fifth wheel is gone and a Garwood winch and gin pole are going on. Near as I can tell the cab was replaced so that is why the tag specs don't gibe.The heavier units are actuall a plus. Paul

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I used to run a 69 DM800 with 65k rears what a beast. I saw it 2 years ago still running at the quarry I worked at years ago. yours looks like a walking beam, mine was a camelback.

Edited by VT Mack

• 3 weeks later...

I ran a dm800 with those same rears and a rogers lowbed moving heavy equipment. the truck had an 865 v8 and a six speed. loaded or empty 65mph up hill or down. Rode like a baby carriage with those walking beams. Held the road great with 12X24 michelin xzys. I miss the 80's.It was an old Gotham sand and stone truck from ny!