2010 Mack Hell!

1. 1. We bought 2 2010 tri axle macks and had nothing but problems, both truckas have only 20k miles on them and been in the shop about 10 times a piece. Is anyone else having these issues?

• burning coolant up to a gallon a week, clutch, transmission, hard start, engine noise and more?

Mack isn't the only one having problems with the 2010's. Every manufacture is having issues which is why most fleets are keeping their current equipment. It's too much of a risk for them to upgrade to a 2010 due to all the new emission crap they have to comply with. If it was me I would wait until the 2012 models come out before I'd buy a new truck but that is just me cause hopefully by then the bugs will have been worked out from the 2010's.

Mack isn't the only one having problems with the 2010's. Every manufacture is having issues which is why most fleets are keeping their current equipment. It's too much of a risk for them to upgrade to a 2010 due to all the new emission crap they have to comply with. If it was me I would wait until the 2012 models come out before I'd buy a new truck but that is just me cause hopefully by then the bugs will have been worked out from the 2010's.

If the big fleets were to do that, there may not be any 2012 manufacturers around. Be hard to justify paying several thousand employees to produce products that would not sell meaning 2010, and 2011 models.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If the big fleets were to do that, there may not be any 2012 manufacturers around. Be hard to justify paying several thousand employees to produce products that would not sell meaning 2010, and 2011 models.

Rob

I was referring to the smaller fleets like the 1-500 truck fleets. The big fleets can test them cause they got the money to afford them and can afford the downtime and besides they get discounts on so many trucks that they buy/trade in.

burning coolant up to a gallon a week, clutch, transmission, hard start, engine noise and more. We are having a really tough time keeping them on the road. After buying two custom heavy haulers really unpleased with the product.

Welcome aboard!

Are you the fella who bought two Titans with SISU axles? Either way its a bloody shame your having so many problems. I wonder how Volvo is doing with the 2010 D16's in their VN's.

Any idea on where the coolant is going; oil, cylinders? What kind of transmission and clutch problems are you having? Give us all the details you got!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Welcome aboard!

Are you the fella who bought two Titans with SISU axles? Either way its a bloody shame your having so many problems. I wonder how Volvo is doing with the 2010 D16's in their VN's.

Any idea on where the coolant is going; oil, cylinders? What kind of transmission and clutch problems are you having? Give us all the details you got!

Just had an 09 CXU using lots of coolant, the harder you used it the more coolant went missing( up to more than a gallon a day). No external leaks at all. Finally found a cracked EGR cooler. This is the first we have seen of this problem on an MP8, hope its the last.