Scared Sh#%&less

Just reading your post and sorry I didn't see it 2 weeks ago. My 93 had same problem. I had to replace fog light breaker and headlight breaker But first I pulled my hair out looking for a problem in the harness for weeks. My headlights would go out then come back on after breaker cooled. I finally tried replacing breakers and haven't had problem in a year.

got the vision that had been frount row for three years. traded a single axle ih and a skidsteer for it. they already sold the skidsteer but the ih is still there.

tried the high beem button, got nothing. spent the first 3-5 seconds flip switch high beem, low beem, high beem flash for pass, and turning on 4ways. next 5 seconds waiting for my eyes to adjust enough to see the painted lines,and figured out turn off head light switch to kill dash lights helped the hole time wishing i had fog lights.

the next day i thought maybe it was a circiut breaker,i removed panel and noticed on the diagrahm the cig liter was a 20 amp next to head light wich is 25 amp thought i would switch them wat the heck,they had allready been switched.

the rocky mountains is a missarable place to be when you have lost faith in your equipment!

I have seen alot of Mack CX's and CV's with 20 amp breakers for the headlights but when I pull out the wiring diagram I notice it says "20/25 amp" so I have been replacing the 20 with a 25amp when ever we have any issues, dont know why the factory didnt put 25amps in all trucks to begen with? Also almost all CX and CXN's have the Federal recall for the headlight switch jumper harness. Its a jumper harness that goes in the dash and has 2 relays in it to take some of the load off of the switch. Over 2 years ago I was involved with the Mack engineers about a 2005 CXN that was having headlight switch problems and they used our truck for a "Guinne Pig" and sent us the homemade jumper harness, this fixed our problem. There are 3-4 different jumper harnnes , the one for the early CX's have yet to be delivered to the dealers.