Technology

Double L

Have any of you wondered what would happen if all the satellites we rely on everyday just all of a sudden went out? I know Europe relies way too much on technology especially the trucking industry with the use of digital tachographs, GPS and all that stuff. Europe seems to pick on us cause we don't rely too much on technology. Well I look at it like this if all the satellites were knocked out everyone would be lost cause how many people these days can read a map? I know I can! I grew up looking up places for my dad and I came to enjoy it. What about the big fleets who rely on Qualcomm and paperless logs for their business, how would they be affected by such an event? I don't have a problem with technology but I think we all need to stop and think what would happen if such a situation should occur. While I don't have a problem with technology, I don't go out and buy the latest thing cause it's what is in now. Why upgrade if what you have works. It's like the blackberries and Iphones, I don't need internet on my phone when I got a laptop. I don't need touch screen or all of that, sure I text but I rather press a keypad not a touch screen. Sure technology helps us in our daily lives but if you don't know the old school non technological way then when something happens to such technology what are you gonna do to survive? Are we getting lazy as a society to the point that we need computer controlled cars to drive us to work? Now robots, what happens when these robots go into full force and then decide to take over the world and turn against us?

Put the bottle down and step slowwwwly away from the table.

Actually, somehow the power grid is controlled by satellites. So, no power= no internet, no heat or A/C, etc.

We, as a people have become more reliant on technology to survive. The generations behind us are so reliant that they need a calculator to add three numbers.

I just upgraded to the 21st century by getting a flat screen TV

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Put the bottle down and step slowwwwly away from the table.

Actually, somehow the power grid is controlled by satellites. So, no power= no internet, no heat or A/C, etc.

We, as a people have become more reliant on technology to survive. The generations behind us are so reliant that they need a calculator to add three numbers.

I just upgraded to the 21st century by getting a flat screen TV

I'm picking up a wood stove this weekend...was in my grandpa's shop, and as soon as I get around to building one, it'll be in my shop too. With the frequency of ice storms we get in these parts, I've considered getting a back-up generator that would run off the propane I already have out back...either that or scrap the propane fireplace (which ironically does not work when there is no power) and get a new wood stove for the house to put in its place...at least then, the house would remain comfortable when the power is out for 3 or 4 days in the middle of winter. That's something I'd have to talk with my insurance agent about, though, to see what the best way to install it would be to keep my premiums low and keep the risk of burning down the house to a minimum. Heck, I just read a news article the other day that the government was offering tax credits for wood stoves as "energy efficient" products... B)

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Comic Sans MS"]Had a big ice storm 5 years ago, LOst power for 4 days. If not for the wood stove and the small portable generator life would have been tough with the 20 degree days. Technology has it's place, but we all should know how to survive without it

Edited by bigmackattack
May the Peace that excels all thought be with you