New Member Needs Advo

I located a 1960 B series Mack with a Maxidyne 237 hp engine. ITs solid, runs well, brakes work, need batteries & tires. Its a 10 wheel model, I know little about Macks. Thought It would be interesting to restore. Is $1,500 a reasonable price for one ? Anything I should look out for ?

Brad

Cuba, Mo

1960 Mack B61

1985 Mack R686

1970 IH Loadstar 1600

Sounds like a real decent price,especially if it is a 237.I sure wouldn't let it get away.If it has the old cast trunion,check it for cracks,as well as the front spring hangers,not that they can't be repaired or replaced.

I just might get it, neat looking truck. Might be worth spending the night in the doghouse from the wife.

Im sure the Maxidyne 237 is a much better engine then the 9.0 My International has - thanks for the advo

Brad

Cuba, Mo

1960 Mack B61

1985 Mack R686

1970 IH Loadstar 1600

I just might get it, neat looking truck. Might be worth spending the night in the doghouse from the wife.

Im sure the Maxidyne 237 is a much better engine then the 9.0 My International has - thanks for the advo

Grab it! the 237 is worth more then that-check into the two battery 12v setup( screw terminals)& see what kind of brake setup she has-These B's sure fixup into a handsome truck.Make sure the front axle is not moving around-Kevin