Winterizing?

tniss

Just wondering what do you do to winterize your rig. Do you use antifreeze in your tank or do you just try to drain all of the water out? Also do you do anything special for the motor?

Adapt an old discharge cap to have an air chuck. Connect you air compressor to that cap and open that valve. Remove all intake and discharge caps. Then, with the entire system under air pressure, open one valve at a time, blow out the water, close the valve, and move to the next valve. Make sure you do this for all valves including tank fill and pump to tank. Also do the same with each drain valve including the main pump drain. You will sometimes have to wait on your compressor to catch up. Do this several times on all valves until you see no water being expelled when you open the valve. I hope this helps.

Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Kenny Lane

Adapt an old discharge cap to have an air chuck. Connect you air compressor to that cap and open that valve. Remove all intake and discharge caps. Then, with the entire system under air pressure, open one valve at a time, blow out the water, close the valve, and move to the next valve. Make sure you do this for all valves including tank fill and pump to tank. Also do the same with each drain valve including the main pump drain. You will sometimes have to wait on your compressor to catch up. Do this several times on all valves until you see no water being expelled when you open the valve. I hope this helps.

This is precisely what I do as well, I will also leave all drain valves open at all times. Dont forget to drain your booster lines too, if you have them. This is where the air comes in handy. In addition, don't forget to check the other important stuff- use a hydrometer to check the anti-freeze's low temp....Also don't forget to treat your fuel, STA-BIL for the gasoline or a diesel treatment.........

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS