E7_427 Motor

haus4350

posted about this before on here...getting coolant in oil and it is stopping up the wire mesh filter that is attached to the blow by tube causing me to lose a gallon of oil a day through the vent on the oil filter housing....will it hurt to run the motor with out the mesh filter? what about stop leak to get my by until winter...( use truck to haul grain)

so you think it will be ok to run it with out the mesh filter?...plan to rebuild motor this winter...hope it hangs on long enough for me to get my crop out. thanks

Where are you that you're going to be able to get your crop out before winter? :pat:

I'm in north central Illinois...and we're lookin down the barrel at screwed till a good freeze or spring.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

more than likely the delta ie. from the bootheel of MO. South everybody should be done in the Delta, some are other than late beans, some have alot of rice and cotton (what a joke this year) still in the field, some corn but its so sorry I don't think anybody is worried about cutting it and NOV. around the corner and another 8" of rain on the way I'm not laughing most farmers should be planning which beach to have turkey dinner on not this time, looks like a month of mud and water that is if there is anything left to cut, we don't get to wait on the big freeze down here, if you equipment can't get it out it's a loss

north al. no cotton thank goodness...or corn either this year. still have about 1250 acres of 1500 acres of beans to go. my 4s were 20-36% damage...anything over 20% only sells for $5 a bushel....ouch! gonna put up some bins....could have built a big bin with all these discounts this yr.

We have about 90% of our acreage in corn. Most everybody you talk to has 29-31% moisture still...drying it down is almost more of a concern than getting it out of the field.

Sorry I derailed your topic by the way...

We have about 90% of our acreage in corn. Most everybody you talk to has 29-31% moisture still...drying it down is almost more of a concern than getting it out of the field.

Sorry I derailed your topic by the way...

I've always been amazed how they can easily grow 200 plus corn on non irrigated ground, that kind of yeild with no irrigation or land leveling cost I think I could afford to dry it down, there was alot of 30-35% corn shelled down here, the guys with driers will be alright, the ones that put it in the bin and run heat and air, might be something else (it usually doesn't want to come out)

I've always been amazed how they can easily grow 200 plus corn on non irrigated ground, that kind of yeild with no irrigation or land leveling cost I think I could afford to dry it down, there was alot of 30-35% corn shelled down here, the guys with driers will be alright, the ones that put it in the bin and run heat and air, might be something else (it usually doesn't want to come out)

Your amazement of us flat-landers has me feeling the same of the opposite...I've often wondered why/how any money was made with irrigation. I'm sure it's "just" a one time major investment, but the up-keep and so on would have to compound the input costs...

Are you sure that the oil/coolant isnt from your oil cooler starting to fail??

all i am sure of is that i have coolant in the oil per an oil sample......not sure how much coolant because you can not tell from the dip stick...please tell me how to start looking for the oil cooler failing....i have some time over the weekend because it is still raining...thanks.

Edited by king cotton

Your amazement of us flat-landers has me feeling the same of the opposite...I've often wondered why/how any money was made with irrigation. I'm sure it's "just" a one time major investment, but the up-keep and so on would have to compound the input costs...

trust me precision leveled rice ground is alot flatter then N. Ill. up there irrigation is a option down here its not no water no rice no water most bankers won't even talk about a crop loan dry land varies so much you could luck out and cut 130bu corn dry land but no rain and its 50bu. beans is the same, up keep on pivots is not as bad as you would think pretty trouble free, fuel cost is what drives up the bottom line, rice I have seen $100 a acrea just in irritagtion fuel