Instrument Panel Lighting

Guys, My instrument cluster has one light- the fuel gauge is a S-W and has a light bulb pocket in it. What is the best way to light the others? I have another panel that I took out of a parts truck and it looks like it might have had two separte bulb pockets that filtered light through the slots in the top of the gauge case? That it?

• 3 weeks later...

How about it guys-anyone have a clue? Were there supposed to be a couple of bulbs spaced on the back side of the dash panel? Like I said, I have an old panel out of another truck and it looks like there were two lamp sockets- no evidence of wires, but clips that could hold a bulb.

Generally the lower gauges were illuminated by the upper gauges through the slots you have noticed. I think there was a bulb each for the tach, speedo, and one each for the other pairs of gauges. I don't know how your dash is setup so can't tell you for sure.

Gas and diesel powered trucks were different, (sometimes).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.