Engine Rebuild Kit?

kthelton

hey guys im looking for a good place to buy a in frame kit for my e7 300 maxidine anybody got any place in mind....priced 1 at the local mack dealer today and they were alittle over 3000.00 thought that was a bit high, am i wrong?

Although that does seem a little high to me I do believe strongly in using OEM parts when practical. In the aftermarket, ebay seems to have vendors that supply inframe kits on a regular basis. Although nothing fits what I would need exactly, the prices do seem reasonable. Most of these that I've investigated are "FP Diesel" brand which is the aftermarket wing of Federal Mogul.

I've heard pros, and cons to using these parts but I'm no professional mechanic and an E7 series engine is beyond my realm of knowlege.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Although that does seem a little high to me I do believe strongly in using OEM parts when practical. In the aftermarket, ebay seems to have vendors that supply inframe kits on a regular basis. Although nothing fits what I would need exactly, the prices do seem reasonable. Most of these that I've investigated are "FP Diesel" brand which is the aftermarket wing of Federal Mogul.

I've heard pros, and cons to using these parts but I'm no professional mechanic and an E7 series engine is beyond my realm of knowlege.

Rob

thanks rob found a good kit at a reasonable price and got it ordered today but thanks for the reply

Rob

Hey Rob,

I was looking on the web, what ever came up to help me in the future for my rebuild and found AGKITS.COM Syracuse Crank & Machine out of Liverpool, NY that have kits in-frame and total kits also. Looks to me that this is a Maxidyne kit for Thermodyne Engines. Not sure because I have not called them to find out yet. What do you think about this kit?

mike

Hey Rob,

I was looking on the web, what ever came up to help me in the future for my rebuild and found AGKITS.COM Syracuse Crank & Machine out of Liverpool, NY that have kits in-frame and total kits also. Looks to me that this is a Maxidyne kit for Thermodyne Engines. Not sure because I have not called them to find out yet. What do you think about this kit?

mike

I have used that vendor many times through the years. Their gasket sets are Victor/Reinz and of top quality. Service is very good also. Overhaul kits are FP Diesel.

Call and speak with Jeremy.

You are correct in your assumption of the Maxidyne kits for the Thermodyne engines.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have used that vendor many times through the years. Their gasket sets are Victor/Reinz and of top quality. Service is very good also. Overhaul kits are FP Diesel.

Call and speak with Jeremy.

You are correct in your assumption of the Maxidyne kits for the Thermodyne engines.

Rob

Thanks for reply. I saw that they show kits for the A,B, & C engines.......but what about the 673P ? What is different about this engine that they don't show or tell about? My Manual is haphazardly put together when I purchased it this past winter from an e-bay participant. I have not studied it enough to get any idea's for the different 673's.

mike