Finally Got Around To It...

Pulled that POS stock radio out of the truck and wired in a 50W x 4 Sony that I've had in the garage for a few years (had it in a tank bag so I'd have tunes on my motorcycle...but haven't used it in a while). Replaced the 2 6x9 speakers behind the seat w/ 3-way Sony's that have been pulling garage stereo duty for a couple years now & wired 'em in to the proper outputs on the radio (they had been wired to the "front" speaker outputs...now they are the "rear".

Then I cut an oval shaped hole on both sides of the cubby hole in the headliner and mounted up a pair of 4-way 4x6 Sony speakers that were on sale...wired 'em into the "front" speaker outputs. They didn't come with a grille, so I had to make one out of some separated steel. Looks rough, but it'll do the job. It's a work truck...not too concerned with looks as long as it works.

Total out-of-pocket cost? About $40 for the 4x6 speakers and a roll of speaker wire. Everything else I've had laying around cluttering up the garage.

Anyway, sounds real good sitting in the driveway...hopefully now I'll be able to hear what I'm trying to listen to while going down the road. :banana:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I think I trashed the speakers when I had the straight pipes on for those couple weeks trying to listen to music with the windows down...

If you had straight pipes and the windows were down, you were listening to music.

No radio needed! :whistling:

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"