'01 E7 Missing Low Rpms

QCDriver

Thanks in advance for your help.

My engine is missing off idle,(like loading up)and puffs blue every now and then.

My mpg is the same and power is still there. It does not throw any fault codes as of yet.

I have 400k on the engine now, where is the first place you would check?

Thanks, Doug

My engine is missing off idle,(like loading up)and puffs blue every now and then.

My mpg is the same and power is still there. It does not throw any fault codes as of yet.

Thanks

Doug I would check fuel preasure first you need to have 60 psi or better at the block! a fairly common comon failure is the fuel transfer pump.

Thanks

Doug I would check fuel preasure first you need to have 60 psi or better at the block! a fairly common comon failure is the fuel transfer pump.

I'll check that out next week.

Also it's fine in the morning before at temp. The hotter the outside temp is, the more it misses. Put foot to floor flattens right out.?.? If I stay above 1000rpm all is fine.

Edited by QCDriver

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for replies. I had to wait awhile to fix had wrist surgery, any how. I thought if I could push primer in while engine

was running it had to have low pressure. I installed new supply pump and runs much better now, no blue smoke puffs. Still was a very slight

miss. Also I can not push primer in while running.

Thanks again.