Wheel Cyl

609albert

Albert,

New are not available, the easiest solution is to send them to Whitepost Restoration in Virginia, they do excellent work and rebuild the cylinders with brass sleeves and are then guranteed for as long as you own the truck for about the same cost as new. 2 day turnaround. They include all new hardware and rubber etc.

Firemack

Albert,

New are not available, the easiest solution is to send them to Whitepost Restoration in Virginia, they do excellent work and rebuild the cylinders with brass sleeves and are then guranteed for as long as you own the truck for about the same cost as new. 2 day turnaround. They include all new hardware and rubber etc.

Firemack

thanks for the info,looks like that is what I'm going to have to do, I actually broke off the bleeder fitting that screwed into the cyl, these old trucks are nice but seems like ever part you fix it leads into another repair , this all started with replacing 1 brake line that was rusted through, then replaced 2 others , then the bleeding air from system broke the bleeder valve , and each wheel has 2 cyl's and none of the bleeders look good .

thanks AL

thanks for the info,looks like that is what I'm going to have to do, I actually broke off the bleeder fitting that screwed into the cyl, these old trucks are nice but seems like ever part you fix it leads into another repair , this all started with replacing 1 brake line that was rusted through, then replaced 2 others , then the bleeding air from system broke the bleeder valve , and each wheel has 2 cyl's and none of the bleeders look good .

thanks AL

Want a good story about them bleeders then look in brakes and find my posting about those bleeder screws. I had the concerns that you ran into. My out was going to take them to a machine shop and have them drilled and retapped. Seemed to be a good alternative for me financially. NAPA had in stock enough bleeders for me to replace all 8. I got lucky as none of mine broke but I got really nervous. Only stripped the heads on 3 of them.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Want a good story about them bleeders then look in brakes and find my posting about those bleeder screws. I had the concerns that you ran into. My out was going to take them to a machine shop and have them drilled and retapped. Seemed to be a good alternative for me financially. NAPA had in stock enough bleeders for me to replace all 8. I got lucky as none of mine broke but I got really nervous. Only stripped the heads on 3 of them.

could you get me the part numbers from napa for the bleeders ? thanks