Dynatard Vs Jake Brake, Which Is Better For A 2 Vlv

m5040

I have a 1984 2 valve, air to air 275 HP EM6. A couple of local guys have used Jakes and Dynatards. Considering relieability, performance and simplicity, which do you think would be best for a hobby dump truck that will haul stuff around at times ? :wacko:

A jacobs has better braking force over a dynatard but if the truck had a dynatard on it i would not replace it. If you could come up with a dynatard cheap i would also use it. I think by 84 all the trucks had dynatard camshafts but you need to see by engine number first before install. If i was going to install a new brake buy a tek brake, jacobs doesnt make a 2 valve brake anymore

I know were a complete jake unit for a 2 valve for 600.00.

The easz of install would be to go with Glens jake set up being you don't know with what cam the engine was built with.The dynatard is a clean install But you need valve covers rocker shafts and push tubes.If ya have an after cooler there is an adapter for that as well.

Thanks for the info. I will keep it in mind about the $600 Jake, I was told there are 2 different size spacers for the valve stems, do you know what size yours comes with ?

I will probably steam clean the top of the engine and pull the covers within the next couple of weeks.