79 R Model Interior Upgrade

I am looking for a decent headliner(the style with the radio cutouts above the visor), vynal door padding kit(both doors), if possible the backcab vynal to, and a glovebox liner(indash). one the other side of things I do have a 72 cab that has seen its better day, but is mostly complete, and would make great for a donor/parts cab..... I do have more pictures of the cab..... thanks :mack1:

Erik

not shure if I read the post correctly but I think you will find some small issues trying to put later style interior parts in the early cabs. I know the rear wall is a few inches closer to the front so the headliner may not fit properly. door panels should fit fine and the Radio console should fit with no major modifacation.

But I think your biggest issue is finding a full used good interior. I have been looking for a black interior for a year with little luck. No longer made and salvage yards want to sell the whole cab intact.

Trent

not shure if I read the post correctly but I think you will find some small issues trying to put later style interior parts in the early cabs. I know the rear wall is a few inches closer to the front so the headliner may not fit properly. door panels should fit fine and the Radio console should fit with no major modifacation.

But I think your biggest issue is finding a full used good interior. I have been looking for a black interior for a year with little luck. No longer made and salvage yards want to sell the whole cab intact.

Trent

Trent, I might have not been clear-lol I have the old 72 cab for sale as a donor cab, or partial trade for a interior for an RD. I bought a 79' cab(same dimentions as up to 03'), hood(non intercooled), radiator and a complete tired, but running 237/675; all for 150.00 dead serious!!!! and the cab isnt in that bad of shape(almost no rust). a company I do buisness with was scraping out the truck and I was joking with the owner and he agreed to it.... Will post pics of the new cab as soon as I get around to it.....

Sorry for the confusion.

Erik

Erik

Quit a few years ago I installed the gray interior kit in a 71dm it fit great only problem were the back wall corners you have to do a double fold and it fits nice no problem with the headliner and radio console, it was a great up grade for an old truck made it a lot more comfy.