460 E-tech

Hello Mack fans..... I have a CH 613 with a 460 HP and the Oil temp has been running up around 200 to 210 with no big load on. Water temp is running around

170 and Oil pressure is 60 to 70 psi running down the road . My temp always did run about 20 hotter then water temp on a regular basis. Is there anything I should check like oil cooler. I just Changed the oil and put Baldwin Filters on .Would the spinner have anything to do with the temp running hotter. Any help would be nice.

world_wide

Hello Mack fans..... I have a CH 613 with a 460 HP and the Oil temp has been running up around 200 to 210 with no big load on. Water temp is running around

170 and Oil pressure is 60 to 70 psi running down the road . My temp always did run about 20 hotter then water temp on a regular basis. Is there anything I should check like oil cooler. I just Changed the oil and put Baldwin Filters on .Would the spinner have anything to do with the temp running hotter. Any help would be nice.

world_wide

We saw this compalint alot years ago, I think your OK, see attached service buliten

post-1740-1247263127_thumb.jpg

world_wide

If you are operate the unit every day you are better qualified to say what is normal, and what is not. A piece of equipment has guages in order for the operator to moniter changes. An increase in oil temp. is not normal. Over the years I have not been able to use that brand of filters, simply because they filter too well. They end up being too restrictive. Go back to a Mack filter, or try a Wix. Your problem will likely go away.

• 2 weeks later...

world_wide

I've got a 427 and if it's above 80 degrees or so, the oil temp will hover between 180-200 degrees. It has 60-65 psi on the oil and the water temp is rarely above 180, unless on a dead pull. I do quite a bit of stopping and starting, so it's either full throttle or no throttle. I have a manual fan switch and I'll turn it on if I'm sitting for a few min or before I shut down the truck for the day and the oil temp will go down considerably. The 'red-line' on the gauge isn't until 250 degrees, so I figure it's alright...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg