Thoughts on 1998 E-7 427 hp

I'm needing a good local truck,run 50 miles loaded,gross 85,000 to 91,000 lbs one way,go back empty do this 3 times a day.My 1985 E-9 does a great job,but I need a second truck.Owner of the 1998 is not sure of the miles,but the truck looks real good.Anyway how are the 1998 E-7 427s,are they a problem engine,not knowing the miles I will do rods and mains no mater what.

Al

Should be a great truck. The E7 is an awesome engine in general. Is it an ETECH? or does it have a mechanical pump? My E7 350 has 450k on it right now with 20 percent oversized injectors, governor wide open and 427-460 turbo with 45 pounds of boost.

From what i know is that all e7 bottom end and top ends are the same. The vmac ones just have lower compression pistons because they have electronic fuel injection, the mechanical bosch pump ones have higher compression pistons and thats the only difference. I would grab a truck that year in a heartbeat. good luck.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!