•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spare Switches

• Please log in to reply
    7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigen

bigen

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,174 posts
    • Make:mack
    • Model:chn 613 rawhide 007504
    • Year:2007

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

i have 2 unused factory swithches on my dash, one has a picture of a key, the other a battery.
    i assume key works with key on, the other all the time.
    do they run to a post on the firewall, or will i need to run wires all the way to the switch????????????

#2 OFFLINE   Griffy

Griffy

Truck Nut

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 41 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:CHN RAWHIDE

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

I'm trying to remember on mine I now I wired the under dash lights on the one with the battery. I kinda think my son did the wirering and there was a post in the fuse and breaker panel that turned of and on with the switch. On another post you had mentioned doing an upgrade on your ecm to give you more power at higher elivations just wondering if you've tryed it yet as mine runs terrible when I get into Colorado and Alberta to. Dennis

#3 OFFLINE   Griffy

Griffy

Truck Nut

• Puppy Poster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 41 posts
    • Model:CHN RAWHIDE

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

Instead of trying to remember what we did 2 yrs ago I should have went and looked at my truck first. Went out and checked mine and there are 2 wires in the fuse panel box on the inside of cab that are labeled. We have wired into one of them to get power with the battery switch. Dennis.

#4 OFFLINE   rhasler

rhasler

Wotta revoltin' development

• 1,876 posts
    Contributor

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

The battery switch is powered by fuse 61, the stud labeled battery in the dash is powered by fuse 11. The keyed power switch is powered by fuse 30, the stud labeled ignition in the dash is powered by fuse 27.
    • randyp likes this
    "Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

#5 OFFLINE   randyp

randyp

crash test dummy

• BMT Benefactor
    • 2,241 posts
    • Make:MACK
    • Model:B-61
    • Year:1961

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

The battery switch is powered by fuse 61, the stud labeled battery in the dash is powered by fuse 11. The keyed power switch is powered by fuse 30, the stud labeled ignition in the dash is powered by fuse 27.

I am never ceased to be AMAZED at the knowledge trapped in the noggin of that rascally wabbit Rhasler! randyp :clap:

#6 OFFLINE   bigen

bigen

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 1,174 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

i was going to use one for my rear axle dump valve on the trailer.
    the other for all my oversized load becons, all LED less than 10 amp for all.

so i can just hook to the switches, and im good to go????????????

#7 OFFLINE   bigen

bigen

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 1,174 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

I'm trying to remember on mine I now I wired the under dash lights on the one with the battery. I kinda think my son did the wirering and there was a post in the fuse and breaker panel that turned of and on with the switch. On another post you had mentioned doing an upgrade on your ecm to give you more power at higher elivations just wondering if you've tryed it yet as mine runs terrible when I get into Colorado and Alberta to. Dennis

put on new steer tires, and altinater, bought a cabinet and catwalk and strobe, becons, lightbar, last trip.
    when mackpro gets his hands on it i know he is going to put a new air compressor on, and download that program.and i want him to install new jukebox.
    im trying to steer clear of him for another month.

#8 OFFLINE   Rob

Rob

Bloated Dieselholic

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 10,191 posts
    • Model:A-40H, B-61T, B-61ST, B-67ST, B-61S, RL-797LST, RL-797LST, RL-755L, R795, R612ST
    • Year:1951 1957 1958 1962 1964 1973 1974 1978 1977 1980

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

i was going to use one for my rear axle dump valve on the trailer.
    the other for all my oversized load becons, all LED less than 10 amp for all.

so i can just hook to the switches, and im good to go????????????

Your installed switch and fuse ratings will tell you this information. However, you cannot go wrong with incorporating a contactor, (relay) in series with your induced loads to take the sudden inrush of current in any electrical system. 10 amperes is not a lot of load but over time the contacts of the switch will oxidize and break down. This would not happen with a contactor coil and larger contacts absorbing this load.

Rob

Going through life knowing considerably more about nothing than the next person.

ParadeRain.gif
    Raining on your parade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users