Newbie Motor Question

Hi guys, newbie here. :wacko:

I figured there's no better way to get into things on the forum then to start it off with a question. My family owns a construction company and we're in the market for a newer 10-wheel dump. We're looking pretty hard at a 03 granite that has a mack 427 in it. its a sharp unit that we feel pretty confident has been well cared for but a close inspection under the motor has me a little worried about something i saw:

IMG_0236.jpg

Am i looking at engine blow by? This truck has about 100k on it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi guys, newbie here. :wacko:

I figured there's no better way to get into things on the forum then to start it off with a question. My family owns a construction company and we're in the market for a newer 10-wheel dump. We're looking pretty hard at a 03 granite that has a mack 427 in it. its a sharp unit that we feel pretty confident has been well cared for but a close inspection under the motor has me a little worried about something i saw:

IMG_0236.jpg

Am i looking at engine blow by? This truck has about 100k on it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

That is quite normal for these engines There is a crank case breather kit avaliable to help with that problem.It moves the vent from the front of the engine to the valve cover where it belongs anyway .

humm, i'm pretty sure that it might be compressor gasket or power steering pump gasket. blow by tube is on the other side of the engine on an e7 near oil filter???

I'm pretty sure its a 427 but there is a chance i have it confused for a 400. Is the 400 an e7 motor with the blow by on the other side of the motor too?

will bet they're all on the driver side, it's a 2'' tube that start from the valve cover and pass near oil filter and let's blo-by goes free in the air

An 03 is an eteck engine the crank vent is at the front. or on the valve cover!