First Tomater

other dog

well that is some substence there :) :banna:

it looks like eather a beef steak or atack of the killer tomatoes

it's actually called a "mr. stripey", kind of a red and yellow mix. Had one early girl plant, but these got ripe first.

oh, keepin' it truck oriented...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

picked my first tomatoes yesterday-(note:photo may have been altered to provide more substance)

The problem now is not the size of the tomater, but where are we going to find a loaf of bread big enough to create a one slice sammich. I bet Rob can find one.

The problem now is not the size of the tomater, but where are we going to find a loaf of bread big enough to create a one slice sammich. I bet Rob can find one.

yep, one slice of that 'mater, one loaf of bread, and a jar of mayo is all we need. where can I find a knife big enough to slice it though?..might have to use the ol' 925 Homelite.

yep, one slice of that 'mater, one loaf of bread, and a jar of mayo is all we need. where can I find a knife big enough to slice it though?..might have to use the ol' 925 Homelite.

you have forget the pound of ham :D

you have forget the pound of ham :D

you're talking deluxe tomato sandwich now! :D

This is the actual size of the tomato-figured I should come clean, before Paul starts calling wanting to know what kind of fertilizer I used.

Don't need no bread with a mater like dat. Just needs two slabs or meat for it to fits between!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

you're talking deluxe tomato sandwich now! :D

This is the actual size of the tomato-figured I should come clean, before Paul starts calling wanting to know what kind of fertilizer I used.

Now ya dun went an spoilt me droolins wif da truf.

Shucks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

well at least you have gotten a ripe tomatoe early,

the only plant I have that produce any thin is the basil

when my tomates and pepers are ripe I might post a photo of it

My basil is looking good too-most of my other herbs appear to be dying. I'm still not sure what to do with it though.

My basil is looking good too-most of my other herbs appear to be dying. I'm still not sure what to do with it though.

basil sliced with pasta ,sliced tomatoe and ham with mozoila chesse for a good meal

Or basil, ham, tomatoe and chesse as a snack and the flower on the basil plant is edbile and a great garnish

of cousre I have found this resipe on the net for pesto

Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe

Print OptionsPrint (no photos)Print (with photos)

Ingredients

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts

3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced

Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Special equipment needed: A food processor

1 Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. (If you are using walnuts instead of pine nuts and they are not already chopped, pulse them a few times first, before adding the basil.) Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.

2 Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Makes 1 cup.

Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.

here is the website

http://elise.com/recipes/archives/001329fr...basil_pesto.php

Of course Rob might know more about preparing basil I then I would :banana:

basil sliced with pasta ,sliced tomatoe and ham with mozoila chesse for a good meal

Or basil, ham, tomatoe and chesse as a snack and the flower on the basil plant is edbile and a great garnish

of cousre I have found this resipe on the net for pesto

Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe

Print OptionsPrint (no photos)Print (with photos)

Ingredients

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts

3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced

Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Special equipment needed: A food processor

1 Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. (If you are using walnuts instead of pine nuts and they are not already chopped, pulse them a few times first, before adding the basil.) Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.

2 Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Makes 1 cup.

Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.

here is the website

http://elise.com/recipes/archives/001329fr...basil_pesto.php

Of course Rob might know more about preparing basil I then I would :banana:

what are pine nuts? I've heard of them on the food channel (yeah, I watch it a lot) but never seen them. Where do you find pine nuts, on a male pine tree? Are the walnuts just as good?

what are pine nuts? I've heard of them on the food channel (yeah, I watch it a lot) but never seen them. Where do you find pine nuts, on a male pine tree? Are the walnuts just as good?

walnuts are just as good

and with the pine nuts you can find them in the italian food section or gorment section of gorcry store.

Male pine tree :lol:

I don't care who you are that's funny right there :lol:

but back to the topic

Pine nuts are the edible seeds of pines (family Pinaceae, genus Pinus). About 20 species of pine produce seeds large enough to be worth harvesting; in other pines the seeds are also edible, but are too small to be of value as a human food.

here are a few photos

Pine Nuts source google

post-4036-1246657732.jpg

Stone pine source wikipedia

post-4036-1246657719_thumb.jpg

I would ask Rob more about pine nuts and what pine tree he would reconmend.

walnuts are just as good

and with the pine nuts you can find them in the italian food section or gorment section of gorcry store.

Male pine tree :lol:

I don't care who you are that's funny right there :lol:

but back to the topic

Pine nuts are the edible seeds of pines (family Pinaceae, genus Pinus). About 20 species of pine produce seeds large enough to be worth harvesting; in other pines the seeds are also edible, but are too small to be of value as a human food.

here are a few photos

Pine Nuts source google

post-4036-1246657732.jpg

Stone pine source wikipedia

post-4036-1246657719_thumb.jpg

I would ask Rob more about pine nuts and what pine tree he would reconmend.

I was looking at that site, very informative. Some people used pine nuts, some walnuts, and one person said smoked almonds. I like me some smoked almonds now!

Gonna keep this truck related, so the site police don't git us...

I was looking at that site, very informative. Some people used pine nuts, some walnuts, and one person said smoked almonds. I like me some smoked almonds now!

Gonna keep this truck related, so the site police don't git us...

That sounds like a good idea

my school's :mack1:

post-4036-1246663663_thumb.jpg