Oil Film On Dash Air Lines - Mh

farmer52

I had the dash panels off today to do some HVAC work (issue in another post) and I noticed an oil film on the air and wiper air supply lines. Any thoughts on what is causing this film? I checked all the fittings and they are tight. Is there oil in my air? I drain the air tanks.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I had the dash panels off today to do some HVAC work (issue in another post) and I noticed an oil film on the air and wiper air supply lines. Any thoughts on what is causing this film? I checked all the fittings and they are tight. Is there oil in my air? I drain the air tanks.

Oil will inevitably work its way past compressor rings. And as the compressor rings wear it becomes more pronounced. An air dryer should get most of it out and the rest will collect in the tanks but it will make it past them and into the rest of the system.

As for where it is coming from get some soapy water and spray it around where the air lines meet up with valves and such. You will spot a leak immediately using that method.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!