Front Hubs

What is the proper maintenance of the sealed front hubs,the MR's in my past have all been oil lubricated with removable plug in the middle of a transparent cover.I believe this is a heavier suspension since the rear end has greaseable trunnions.

What is the proper maintenance of the sealed front hubs,the MR's in my past have all been oil lubricated with removable plug in the middle of a transparent cover.I believe this is a heavier suspension since the rear end has greaseable trunnions.

If you have a newer MR you may have the volvo front axle sealed means sealed and you wait for it to fail.not great but thats the way it is!

If you have a newer MR you may have the volvo front axle sealed means sealed and you wait for it to fail.not great but thats the way it is!

Talking of sealed. A fellow i work with has a volvo and they supplied one without a grease nipples $ 500 bucks worth.

He asked me what i thought as they said it would be ok as that was the way they were. I said good luck.

Any way i know that you can get away without greasing them for six months, and then they fly to bits.

Talk about stupid. I will keep me old mack and grease it every weekend. Mark

Talking of sealed. A fellow i work with has a volvo and they supplied one without a grease nipples $ 500 bucks worth.

He asked me what i thought as they said it would be ok as that was the way they were. I said good luck.

Any way i know that you can get away without greasing them for six months, and then they fly to bits.

Talk about stupid. I will keep me old mack and grease it every weekend. Mark

uni joints i was thinking.

Rockwel tryed the same thing with the front end and brakes and u/joints on the century. Sealed front wheel brs and we had them coming in on the hook at 600000 mile pretty often with a wheel missing.Then the cost is not waranty. The fleets have done traded the trucks in and now the one truck customer has to bear the cost.

glenn akers