Tour The Mack Plant

Well before mack moves out of Allentown PA I would like to take a tour. Has anyone took a tour of the plant? IF you did do you have to call or just show up or something? Are they still doing tours? I looked on Mack's website but i cant find anything on tours.

I live about 1hr and 15min from Allentown so before they move i really want to see the plant and say my last good byes with a tear in my eye. :(

Edited by Mackmann

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

Well before mack moves out of Allentown PA I would like to take a tour. Has anyone took a tour of the plant? IF you did do you have to call or just show up or something? Are they still doing tours? I looked on Mack's website but i cant find anything on tours.

I live about 1hr and 15min from Allentown so before they move i really want to see the plant and say my last good byes with a tear in my eye. :(

:mack1: Hi, maybe I missed something here? The Macungie plant is not going anywhere to my knowledge. Headquarters however in Allentown is moving. What is the word that you heard? I believe you need to call first to setup a time to come for a tour.

I did more digging around and found some info. It sucks you need 5 people.

http://www.macktrucks.com/default.aspx?pageid=45

Additional Tour Information

Reservations and a minimum group size of five (5) are required.

Tours are available Tuesday and Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.

Adults are responsible for the supervision and control of children.

Specific ratios of adults to children are required.

Minimum age for a plant tour is seven (7) years. Carriages/strollers are not permitted.

Appropriate shoes are required: no open-toed shoes, sandals, thongs, or clogs.

Handicapped accessibility is extremely limited.

Safety glasses must be worn by all tour participants.

Visitors are required to stay in aisles, and may not enter a work area.

During the summer months, the plant is very warm; comfortable, cool clothing should be worn.

Tours are NOT scheduled during the last week of July, the first week of August, the week immediately following Thanksgiving, and the two-week period covering Christmas and New Years.

The tour is free of charge.

TOURS MAY BE SCHEDULED BY CALLING MACK TRUCKS, INC. AT 610-709-3566.

Edited by Mackmann

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

:mack1: hey guys always make a appointment whit this crisis the factory closes sometimes for a few days ore a week we always make appointments whit MACK international and they make all arrangements whit the factory we had a tour in march.just before the boardmembers switcht places and moved to greensboro what i now is that the most poeple are gone already in allentown and you can see headquaters as closed a few poeple are left there but later this year they move out to.its very sad the only thing that will be watching everything is the bulldog on the building.they must teardown the wall to remove the bulldog and that will be to expensive.so there is still be hope.we always could watch the dog in allentown.WAS.IS.ALWAYS WILL BE.

:mack1::mack1::mack1::mack1::mack1::mack1:

FYI- The Macungie Assembly Facility will be open on Saturday June 20th for a walk through tour. This tour is a treat offered by Mack Trucks to Antique Truck Club of America members and those spectators who attend the ATCA National Meet at Macungie Park each year.

This year is the 30th Anniversary National Meet,

Friday June 19, 8-6 - ATCA Family Reunion 6:30 -?

Saturday June 20, 8-6 - band and light show 6-9

Sunday June 21, 8-12 -

See You There! Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 2 weeks later...
I did more digging around and found some info. It sucks you need 5 people.

That just means a total group of at least five. For example, if you and another person are looking to go, you call, and they pair you with a group of 3 or more. That's what I've done in the past. I've never been "refused".

• 1 month later...
That just means a total group of at least five. For example, if you and another person are looking to go, you call, and they pair you with a group of 3 or more. That's what I've done in the past. I've never been "refused".

when i bought my first new mack,the dealer took me.was supposed to follow my truck down the line but got there just a little too late.but the did let me ride out of the plant in it.couldnt drive it myself for insurance reasons