Jake Brake On 350 Mack

bobcotkg

I have a '88 Superliner that has a 350 E6 4 valve. Its got a Dynatard. I got a Jacobs brake setup given to me. The numbers say its for an E7 4 valve. Just wondering if it will fit, and what I am going to need to get before I put it on.

Is it even worth monkeying with? I have been told that the Jakes work alot better that Dynatards, but, this is already setup and works. I was also told if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Thanks,

Bob

its been a while but I recall the jacobs being stornger than the dynatards on the 6 cyl macks. the truck that I drove with a dynatard would have slowed better if I tide a log to a chain and let it roll off the back of the truck. it was also a poorly maintaind truck so that could have alot to do with the performance? But like mentioned if the dynatard is holding you back fine why mess with it?

I would agree about dragging a log to slow down would work just as good as my Dynatard. For Stage 2 on my truck I have a big foam hand with the word stop on it I stick out the window. LOL! I would compare the Dynatard to 1.5-2 power on my N14 Cummins. It works but was hoping a Jake would work better. Never drove a Mack with a Jake so...

Also I have heard Dynatards are hard on the cams.

IDK,

Bob

I've been wanting a better engine brake for my Mack too...

If you decide against using that Jacobs setup, let me know because I have an E7 motor.

Anyone know what it takes to swap out the dynatard(stealth) for the Jake...??

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg