[New BMT Blog Entry] other dog's Blog - Pest Control

WattsMack

Well, I mowed the grass early this morning, had to wait 'til daylight to finish though, because the batteries went dead in the flashlight. Then I went to Concord and finished putting that hood on the mixer. Don't remember when it was last started, but it fired right up. I dumped about 800 gallons of water out of the drum and let it run about 15 minutes.

Then I stopped at Carson's Store and got 2 rolls of chicken wire and made a fence around the garden. The chicken wire was way more expensive than I thought it would be-$28 for a 50' long, 3' high roll and I needed 2 rolls. I could probably go to the vegetable stand in Gladys and buy $56 worth of produce and get more than the total output of my garden, but I can't let the creatures get the best of me, right? They're already eating my cabbage plants! I feel like Bill Murray after the gopher in "Caddyshack".

Fence looks pretty good too. I left some extra at the bottom, folded it out on the grass, then laid 4x4's on it. The owl certainly doesn't do his job, the pepper spray didn't work, Other Dog the beagle won't work, so maybe this will do the job.

I hope so, because there's only one option left that I can see- fried rabbit...squirrell stew...rabbit pot pie...squirrell and dumplings...rabbit on a stick...sauteed squirrell with peppers and onions...marinated grilled rabbit...barbecued squirrell-what am I saying?!!I couldn't do that!..could I?..hell yeah I could!

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-1374-1240082904_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240082941_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240082990_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240083062_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240083155_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240084415_thumb.jpg

//

View the full blog entry

Well, I mowed the grass early this morning, had to wait 'til daylight to finish though, because the batteries went dead in the flashlight. Then I went to Concord and finished putting that hood on the mixer. Don't remember when it was last started, but it fired right up. I dumped about 800 gallons of water out of the drum and let it run about 15 minutes.

Then I stopped at Carson's Store and got 2 rolls of chicken wire and made a fence around the garden. The chicken wire was way more expensive than I thought it would be-$28 for a 50' long, 3' high roll and I needed 2 rolls. I could probably go to the vegetable stand in Gladys and buy $56 worth of produce and get more than the total output of my garden, but I can't let the creatures get the best of me, right? They're already eating my cabbage plants! I feel like Bill Murray after the gopher in "Caddyshack".

Fence looks pretty good too. I left some extra at the bottom, folded it out on the grass, then laid 4x4's on it. The owl certainly doesn't do his job, the pepper spray didn't work, Other Dog the beagle won't work, so maybe this will do the job.

I hope so, because there's only one option left that I can see- fried rabbit...squirrell stew...rabbit pot pie...squirrell and dumplings...rabbit on a stick...sauteed squirrell with peppers and onions...marinated grilled rabbit...barbecued squirrell-what am I saying?!!I couldn't do that!..could I?..hell yeah I could!

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-1374-1240082904_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240082941_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240082990_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240083062_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240083155_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1240084415_thumb.jpg

//

View the full blog entry

Damn, now I got to go wipe my chin I'm salivating and soaking my "T" shirt so hard over the mention of such fine cuisine.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.