1990 E7 300 Hp

kthelton

ive got a 90 Rmodel dump truck that id like to turn the rpms up alittle its only turnin 1900, how do i do that and how far up is safe. also thinkin about turnin the pump up but dont know how to do that or how far is safe do know if i do it im puttin in a etg gauge. any body out there help?

:SMOKIE-RT:

I'm no expert but at that RPM you have a Maxicruise engine. Max RPM s on a MACK engine is listed (in my books) as 2100. Of coarse that is if you don't want to void the warranty and I'll bet that is not and issue with your truck. However if you want her to last I would go by the MACK recomendation for the longest possible life and to ease some of the possible headaches. Good luck and safe travels.

MATT

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

ive got a 90 Rmodel dump truck that id like to turn the rpms up alittle its only turnin 1900, how do i do that and how far up is safe. also thinkin about turnin the pump up but dont know how to do that or how far is safe do know if i do it im puttin in a etg gauge. any body out there help?

:SMOKIE-RT:

Ken I don't know if you got my pm so heres another place to head The proceeder is simular to if not Identical to the 5.9 cummins turn up! here One thing to check before you do anything is to suck on the hose that goes to the lda at the top rear and seeif it holds vacuam if it does your good to continue on with directions.

http://www.tstproducts.com/INSRUCT98.pdf

Ken I don't know if you got my pm so heres another place to head The proceeder is simular to if not Identical to the 5.9 cummins turn up! here One thing to check before you do anything is to suck on the hose that goes to the lda at the top rear and seeif it holds vacuam if it does your good to continue on with directions.

http://www.tstproducts.com/INSRUCT98.pdf

ok ill check that, im geussing thats the prob. about 5/15-3/8 air line that hooks in to the back uper of the pump? agian im new to the mack engines so just wondering what that is that im checking

ok ill check that, im geussing thats the prob. about 5/15-3/8 air line that hooks in to the back uper of the pump? agian im new to the mack engines so just wondering what that is that im checking
Yes 3/8 line You are checking the diphram for leaks if it has a hole in it, it will not push the fuel stop out of the way when the boost comes up and it wll lack power and give you the conition you have.