Living In Oz

slipjack427

After 47 years living in the US, And runing my own dump trucks in New Jersey for the last 13 years.I made the big move to live in Australia. Things are going pretty good so far. They made me take my driving test to get my HR licence (class B) What a trip, it was a mitsubishi with 13 speed road ranger. Now i been around trucks for a while,But this is gone a little getting used to driving on the other side of the road and shifting with your left hand, kinda like starting all over again, A whole new life in a whole new world.

After 47 years living in the US, And runing my own dump trucks in New Jersey for the last 13 years.I made the big move to live in Australia. Things are going pretty good so far. They made me take my driving test to get my HR licence (class B) What a trip, it was a mitsubishi with 13 speed road ranger. Now i been around trucks for a while,But this is gone a little getting used to driving on the other side of the road and shifting with your left hand, kinda like starting all over again, A whole new life in a whole new world.

Welcome Aboard!

I've got a nephew living there now- went to school there and liked it so much he stayed. Was admiring some of the photos posted from the members there and got to wondering, if the steering wheel is on the right are the turn signal levers still on the left side of the column and the spike on the right ? Is the shift pattern the same on the tranny, or is it reversed and what about something with two sticks (Okay, I cut my teeth on a B Model !) If anyone from down under could post so interior shots of your rigs I'd love to see them.

Russ

Welcome Aboard!

I've got a nephew living there now- went to school there and liked it so much he stayed. Was admiring some of the photos posted from the members there and got to wondering, if the steering wheel is on the right are the turn signal levers still on the left side of the column and the spike on the right ? Is the shift pattern the same on the tranny, or is it reversed and what about something with two sticks (Okay, I cut my teeth on a B Model !) If anyone from down under could post so interior shots of your rigs I'd love to see them.

Russ

Hey

every things the same, indicator on the left, changing gears, is exactly the same, just insted of changing up going away from you, you change up coming to wards you

-Monty

Thanks for the info Monty. Hopefully I can make it down under someday and talk one of you into letting me try it your way ! :D

Russ

Welcome to down under. Like Rod said, don't tell anyone. It's pretty cool living down at the bottom of the world.

Not many know we are here. It only snows on a hill down south now and then. Beautifull one day perfect the next

what can i say Regards Mark :D

Welcome to down under. Like Rod said, don't tell anyone. It's pretty cool living down at the bottom of the world.

Not many know we are here. It only snows on a hill down south now and then. Beautifull one day perfect the next

what can i say Regards Mark :D

welcome to down under :) now ill swap you, i am sick of liiving down here with all the red tape, legal system etc etc. how do i get over there?

Grant

Grant. Now why did you remind me of all that "crap .. red tape ect" i was having a nice day.. Mark. :wacko:

well, um its true, cant have blown cars on road, cant have guns with out years of aguements and baby sitting from police, cant protect your self or your property with out getting charged with something your self, heaven forbid if your car was to make a slight squeel on the road, there is people getting beaten an the rest of it, but where are the only cops we have? busting an 18 year old for just been an 18 year old! the truck laws for east - west are just out of this world, it seems to me that if the government could get aproval to put everyone in cotton wool to go out the house they would!

you just cant have any fun here, if so the government has found a way to bill you for it! :))

so how do I get to stay in the USA?

Grant