237 Now Running!

b61fred

I got the 237 in the b61 and runs well, During the test drive I noticed that the engine would pull very strong in the top 3 gears accelerating. If I would stay into the throttle to long the engine would act as if it runs out of fuel. The fuel pump would catch up and the engine will run just fine. The engine sounds very strong. I am thinking that my fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump may be collapsed internally or deterorated. The hand pump has a leak on the top but when closed and clamped down there are no leaks. I have ordered a new areoquip hose to go to the tank ( 1/2 inch hose number 8).

There is a huffing noise from the air cleaner while running also, I will run the valves after the engine has run a bit, This engine has sit for several years and the rack had sezied while siting, I used some penetrating oil on the rack and worked it back and forth to free it up. Is there any other things to look at or am I going down the right track?

Thanks

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

I got the 237 in the b61 and runs well, During the test drive I noticed that the engine would pull very strong in the top 3 gears accelerating. If I would stay into the throttle to long the engine would act as if it runs out of fuel. The fuel pump would catch up and the engine will run just fine. The engine sounds very strong. I am thinking that my fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump may be collapsed internally or deterorated. The hand pump has a leak on the top but when closed and clamped down there are no leaks. I have ordered a new areoquip hose to go to the tank ( 1/2 inch hose number 8).

There is a huffing noise from the air cleaner while running also, I will run the valves after the engine has run a bit, This engine has sit for several years and the rack had sezied while siting, I used some penetrating oil on the rack and worked it back and forth to free it up. Is there any other things to look at or am I going down the right track?

Thanks

Fred

Fred i hate to tell you the bad news but i will bet you have a loose valve seat, i had a couple trucks that had a thumping noise in the aircleaner when you rev and let off. Ron